+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No squad numbers

No squad numbers

For Aarons,Saivet and Lazar.They could still be sold or loaned out before the 31st.

I had high hopes for Aarons before his injuries.

Aye, Aarons looked to have something....but even that seems to have gone. The Chron reckons Saivet is off to Turkey and Lazaar is another LB failure like Gamez.

None will be missed.

I wonder why we signed Lazaar in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I wonder why we signed Lazaar in the first place.
    Stop gap, just padding the squad out.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Stop gap, just padding the squad out.
    Yes, probably. I just expected more from him than say Gamez.

Surely Lazaar must be a better left back than putting Manquillo on the wrong side.

Gamez was a strange one, he looked ok the few times he did play.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Surely Lazaar must be a better left back than putting Manquillo on the wrong side.

Gamez should of be exactly what we needed as the older experienced head but he kept getting injuries that kept him out for longer and longer times.

In the end it wasn't a great for either party but it had all the attributes to be a really good move for both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post

That's my point. Lazaar must be terrible if Manquillo gets the nod ahead of him - which he has several times in the past. I suppose Rafa likes his work rate...

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    That's my point. Lazaar must be terrible if Manquillo gets the nod ahead of him - which he has several times in the past. I suppose Rafa likes his work rate...
    There could be no harm in giving him a squad number if dummet strains a ******* were done for.
    I would rather see sterry get a run in the squad at RB

Didn’t Clark play LB for the vile?

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    There could be no harm in giving him a squad number if dummet strains a ******* were done for.
    I would rather see sterry get a run in the squad at RB

Didn’t Clark play LB for the vile?
    Yes he did, think it was always mooted he could cover if necessary.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)