+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has the Sheffield Star palled us out?

Has the Sheffield Star palled us out?

Piddling little report on Saturday's match in Green Un section, (No team lists etc- Donny report in more detail!), as with the Brentford game. Has there been a fall out with the Star and the club?

Probably a freelancer who wasn’t at the game, according to them, the last minute goal was from the head of Smith.

Wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a fallout but could just be that theres not enough to cover games now and obviously they had to send one of the good to pigs swell

I’ve unfollwed them anyway

Looks like they now use a company called Lancaster & Crowther who are basically a freelance agency that provides sports coverage for newspapers. Not sure if they had anybody at the game on Saturday but if they did they clearly need to be paying more attention.

Think we were spoilt with Paul Davies and now we have to put up with reports which are littered with errors and are just there to fill some space. The people who write them clearly have no interest in us so they just rush together a few lines and send it out.

I'd rather they didn't bother at all if this is the standard that we can expect.

The answer to this derisive and insulting coverage is simple. Don't buy the fecking paper!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    The answer to this derisive and insulting coverage is simple. Don't buy the fecking paper!
    That's the one...

Quite agree. Waste of space now Paul has gone

Same with dee dar they always send some non descript reporter to our games who hardly knows the club let alone the players. They then just go through the motions when they are reporting. In the live coverage of the Brentford match the reporter couldn't wait to slag us off and if you listen to the goal commentary on Saturday he hardly showed any emotion at all with our last minute winner.

Rob Staton also loves to keep reminding us we will be going down this season on p and g and to be prepared (of course he doesn't say that about his beloved owls). And if he mentions Kieran bloody westwood again I'll chuck my feckin radio through the window. Who chuffin cares that he's the piggys 3rd choice keeper now even wendy fans aint bothered. Has he got the hots for him or summat?

He must have been gutted when he couldn't commentate live on em this season but then again he still managed to waffle on to their unintelligible manager for haif an hour straight after saturday's match about, you guessed it, Kieran westwood.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 13-08-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Glad you mentioned that about Staton Roly. I was starting to think I was paranoid. Its cringey the way he manufactures discussions about the pigs.

The same Paul Davis?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...ened-1-9296151

His write ups were always littered with mistakes an, “click the link” crap to get his reader numbers up anyroad.

Albeit, better than what we have now.

Crap paper covered by terrible journalists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast