+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Johnstone Colts - The Fizzy Cup

Quote Originally Posted by FTFun View Post
    Is Thomas still here?
    https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...VOLVEMENT.html

Assuming that we play our Colts squad then £10 & £5 is far too much. A poor crowd and poor atmosphere is almost guaranteed. A fiver and a pound would be more realistic. Won't be there myself and really couldn't care less about this cup. All it is is a chance to pick up injuries for the 'fringe' players and a total distraction for the rest of the season as long as we are in it, taking focus away from the real task in hand. If we progress then later rounds will involve the cancellation of important league games (2 home games v Alloa and an away v QOS) depending on how far we and indeed the opposition teams progress. The fact that NI, Irish, Welsh and English sides are introduced at the second round stage is farcical. It is an abomination of a tournament which should have been strangled at birth. I never like to think that I want us to be beaten but if we are tonight or in the next round then it bothers me not at all.
    Last edited by pertharab; 15-08-2018 at 10:54 AM. Reason: for some reason the word ***** is not allowed?

In case anyone wonders the 5 letter banned word I was trying to use was v i t a l.

Easton confirming tonights squad will be half and half. I'm guessing the first team players involved may be Scobbie, Siegrist, Smith, Keatings, King and Murdoch.

Add in that everyone is gonna be in the Jerry Kerr, that detracts again from the atmosphere!

Perth, im gonna take the positive on this one where i hope that the likes of Allardice, Glass, Thomas, Ritchie and any other prospects all get a chance to show something that can prove they can fill in if someone takes and injury. I also hope Murdoch, Booth, King, McMullan and Keatings get some game time and some of them can force their way into the team.

However, if you look at the youngsters we lost from last seasons Fizzy, this may be the worthless exercise you think it will be!

A guess at a team

Siegrist,
    Ritchie, Allardice, Murdoch, Booth,
    McMullan, Thomas, Glass, King
    Curran, Keatings

Subs, Donaldson, Chalmers, Wardrop, Fyvie, plus some youngsters.

The club really can't win when it comes to this competition, doesn't matter what they do they get stick. Regarding the pricing I assume, as it's a cup game, agreement needs to reached with the opposing team and perhaps even the SPFL.

I don't get the angst towards us participating in this cup. If it's because we should be in the Premier and only sending out a colt side, then in effect that is what we are doing anyway. Rightly it's not a priority to the club, but it not beneath us because we are where we are.
    If we send out all youngsters and get beat then people moan, but if we play a strong side and a player gets injured then people moan.
    I'll be going tonight with the kid to see how our younger players are progressing and to welcome a different gaffer in the dugout.

I see 191 turned up last at Dens last night, couldnae be that bad tonight at Tanny surely?

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    I see 191 turned up last at Dens last night, couldnae be that bad tonight at Tanny surely?
    There's always a few who can't make it, eh?

Take the friends and family of the lads playing out of the equation at Dens and, well, no' a great turn out I have tae say!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)