+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Grudging praise from Paul Hurst

Very Grudging praise from Paul Hurst

"I knew they'd put their bodies on the line and keep going until the last minute and at times that'll get results, as it has done today."

Interpretation: "All they have is endeavour and commitment. That will sometimes get them a result, but not very often".

Worked against him twice

Warne 2- hursty 0

Comes across as a bit of a nob at times but he could be right.

Yes he probably is right but we’re all the same we don’t like outsiders stating the obvious lol
    On a serious note majority are behind Warney and his long term plan of finding and developing talent however the short term is a little more worrying as 120% effort to make up for the gulf in ability/finances is going to be difficult to sustain with 2 games a week.
    Somehow he needs to find a loanee with experience at this level to play the simple pass. We can’t keep playing the long ball to smith and vassell and expect them conjure an opportunity.sitting on the side you could clearly see and hear the frustration from the pair which I’ve never heard before.warney post match stated the team were “ knackered” well they would be and we need to find a solution as we can’t play like that for 46 games.Again obvious things but I say again 100% behind Warney and hope we can get the help we urgently need

Only two games in,give it time Warne is no fool he knows whats required

Changed my mind on Hursty a bit, he seems a right miserable fecker and seems to be bereft of humility.

He has high expectations for himself and is a bad loser so yes you will hear what you don’t want to.

I noticed that Ipswich have developed the Hursty traits that Shrewsbury had. If in doubt, commit a niggly foul or use your arms to wrestle people down while trying to make it look like an innocent accident.
    Strangely the referee ignored all that kind of stuff and both sides got away with a lot more than they normally will.

Don't all sides have to put their bodies on the line and keep going until the last minute if they want results?

Can't see the purist footballing fans in suffolk taking to Hursty's Shrewsbury style tactics in the Champ meself. Can't blame him for being a bit aggrieved though we did rob em in the end not that i am complaining.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast