+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Richard Towel, Duane Holmes,Ryan Yates

Richard Towel, Duane Holmes,Ryan Yates

None of made the squad Saturday, so maybe still some hope there ? Even Holmes could be sent out on loan rather than be sat in Forests Cupboard!

On the other linked players the Norwich lad made the bench but unused, Crooks played and scored ,Gape made an 68 minute appearance Maris played a full game and Docherty played a full game for Shrews and was their danger man.

Three players I would have liked McNulty came on as sub, McGennis ? Played and scored again and only cost 200,000, and Ricky Holmes was the star man for Oxford ! Who is out on loan from Sheffield United 😡

Both the latter two players gave us the run around when they played against for Charlton at NY last season, I believe he is a much better winger than anyone we currently have at the club ?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    None of made the squad Saturday, so maybe still some hope there ? Even Holmes could be sent out on loan rather than be sat in Forests Cupboard!

On the other linked players the Norwich lad made the bench but unused, Crooks played and scored ,Gape made an 68 minute appearance Maris played a full game and Docherty played a full game for Shrews and was their danger man.

Three players I would have liked McNulty came on as sub, McGennis ? Played and scored again and only cost 200,000, and Ricky Holmes was the star man for Oxford ! Who is out on loan from Sheffield United 😡

Both the latter two players gave us the run around when they played against for Charlton at NY last season, I believe he is a much better winger than anyone we currently have at the club ?

'Even Holmes could be sent out on loan rather than be sat in Forests Cupboard!'??????

I think Derby County might have something to say on that seeing how he signed for them last week!

Oops

Oliver Norwood, Brighton midfielder, goes out on loan to Sheffield United

Richie Towell, Brighton midfielder, doesn’t go out on loan to us.

Is it a smokescreen or aren’t we serious about landing Towell?

To be bluntly honest I hope it's not towell I don't think he his worth waiting all this time for.We need a player that can organise the team on the pitch & a bit of class thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    To be bluntly honest I hope it's not towell I don't think he his worth waiting all this time for.We need a player that can organise the team on the pitch & a bit of class thrown in.
    I kind of agree with the first bit, but we can't afford the second bit so Towell will do just fine right now.

We're in transfer limbo at the moment. We can't get the top end players for obvious reasons, we can't poach lower league talent cos we won't pay the asking price and we seemingly can't even get reinforcements in on loan from anywhere. It never used to be this difficult for a lower end championship club to bring in a few decent players.

Shows how poor we are in what we are offering to pay

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Shows how poor we are in what we are offering to pay
    Bang on.

Not being able to bring in championship quality is one thing (and is understandable). The fact that we seem unable/unwilling to poach the best players from the lower leagues is a genuine, genuine concern in my opinion.

What exactly are we trying to be? We don't fund the academy to the extent that we're likely to bring through saleable assets. Any players we do find never seem to get game time. We dont poach league 1 and 2 starlets to improve and then sell on. We dont buy old warhorses to try to bully our way to staying up...

Add to that, we dont appear to be doing anything of note off the pitch (some legacy that we can look back on once relegated and say "the championship money paid for that")....

What exactly is the plan?

Pure guesswork and speculation,how on earth would Joe Bloggs an ordinary supporter know the financial state of the club or even worse what the players are paid,does anybody seriously believe that players go around showing supporters their wage slips,would you??The club will only tell supporters what they want them to know,it's always been that way.

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Pure guesswork and speculation,how on earth would Joe Bloggs an ordinary supporter know the financial state of the club or even worse what the players are paid,does anybody seriously believe that players go around showing supporters their wage slips,would you??The club will only tell supporters what they want them to know,it's always been that way.

How do Wigan manage to buy players, they have gates our size, the seven million EFL money, sams as all the teams. Yet they have managed to splash out 2.5 million on Windass, plus a lot more cash on other players, 1.5 million on Nathan Byrne, and 4 million on Griggs ?

Are they still on parachute money ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast