+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another loan update!

Biglandon It’s nothing to do with luck if we stop up and yeah Archie is right with hard work will have a big part in our survival, but people fail to comprehend that it’s not just what goes off in your own club it’s whats going off at the likes of QPR Reading Hull and others

People didn’t believe me when I said stoke will struggle this year but they kept saying they spent a lot of money 2 games in and only 1 point, yes it’s only 2 games in and I stand by my 5 game rule, but it’s hardly a good start for the bookies favourites.

Point is if you make a guess where your club will end up at end of the season, based on whether you think your club is flawless or not you will always say we will be relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The recruitment process is well known to all clubs and must be relatively straightforward because some deals get done within minutes. You've only got to witness what goes on near to the transfer deadline hour to know that's true.
    I'm not sure what building a house has got to do with it but presumably you know what you're talking about.
    Whether you choose to accept it or not, Rotherham United often seem to struggle to complete deals smoothly and quickly which leaves a lot of supporters disillusioned.
    Once again we seem to be being conditioned to accept that something may happen sooner or maybe later or maybe not at all.
    That is why there is cynicism.
    The trouble with all this negativity is that it starts to spread. The Millers recruitment strategy worked with Rodak but there were many twist and turns. The result, however, was that we got the player despite all the doom and gloom on here. I personally think that PW will get at least one of his dream team. We must be patient. I also don't like the continual sniping about being a good person or barbecues that some put on here. Current situation is that of the 3 competitive games we've played this season we have a 66% success rate, so perhaps PW's policy does works, particularly as "we don't have anyone in midfield who is good enough.". This will probably change on Saturday but the beauty of football is that we don't know for sure that it will.

Come dead line day on the loan transfers, there will be a lot of players looking for clubs, with their agents working overtime to get them placements, so the agent's can make their blood money.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 15-08-2018 at 12:08 PM.

We will have a Cm in before deadline, Warney says so ��

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I would imagine that the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th choices are either still available, may become available or have made other arrangements.

The question that your post raises is that of when the club should switch to alternative targets. Presumably the 1st and 2nd choices have that status because the club management believe that they offer more to the squad than other options.

When do you think we should have given up on what are believed to be the better players and opt to pursue what are considered to be lesser options?

It's easy to panic and 'do a Blackstock' - signing someone for fear of losing out and then living with the consequences. It's harder to take a measured approach and try to bring the right players in.

Firstly I would say that if they are a choice weather 1st or 6th they must be deemed good enough to improve the squad or they wouldn't be a choice in the first place as you do not target players that you think will not be good enough.

Secondly I would not wait until the transfer window is closed and miss out on everyone but that should be obvious even to you.

Not every club will get their first choice targets or even second choice but they still manage to get a player in from somewhere. OH and even first choice targets can turn out to be a load of rubbish so please do not forget that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Biglandon It’s nothing to do with luck if we stop up and yeah Archie is right with hard work will have a big part in our survival, but people fail to comprehend that it’s not just what goes off in your own club it’s whats going off at the likes of QPR Reading Hull and others

People didn’t believe me when I said stoke will struggle this year but they kept saying they spent a lot of money 2 games in and only 1 point, yes it’s only 2 games in and I stand by my 5 game rule, but it’s hardly a good start for the bookies favourites.

Point is if you make a guess where your club will end up at end of the season, based on whether you think your club is flawless or not you will always say we will be relegated.
    Luck is a massive thing in football and we will need our fair share of it if we fail to get a good midfielder or two into the club.

We might be really lucky if we do not get our main targets and get a couple of midfielders in on loan who turn out to be brilliant for the us? If that happens then that will be lucky and not planned or we would have those midfielders in now. Then again we might not be so lucky either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    "If we survive this season in the Championship it will be more down to luck than design" That Biglandon is the worst Quote ive ever read on MM, believe me if we survive this season ie 4th bottom or above it will be down to hard work and tactics, all the players and backroom staff will have earned it, LUCK doesnt last over 46 games in this division. U.T.F.M.
    Hard work does not guarantee you that other teams will lose when we need them to nor does it guarantee you that sendings off, injuries, suspensions, penalties and anything else you can mention all go our way when needed. Luck plays a massive part in football and if you do not know that by now then you know nothing about football.

We need to be very very lucky to get a couple of decent players in before the window closes or we wont be staying in the Championship for very long.

Its certainly gonna be tough youd think..
    10 home wins and 5 draws with 8 losses would be a good return for us...
    But what about away results ? 15 points for a 50 point total..be nice to get a couple of away wins before the new year..

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Its certainly gonna be tough youd think..
    10 home wins and 5 draws with 8 losses would be a good return for us...
    But what about away results ? 15 points for a 50 point total..be nice to get a couple of away wins before the new year..
    Sounds like a plan

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    We will have a Cm in before deadline, Warney says so ��
    Which deadline though?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast