+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff away

Cardiff away

6 pointer???

For me? Yes.

And not because I'm panicking after Saturday because we actually played quite well (really well in parts).

The simple fact is that, whilst our manager is world class and our first team is easily mid-table (apart from up front, imo), our squad is bargain basement and has relegation candidates written all over it.

Whether we'd won, drawn or lost on Saturday, the game against Cardiff was, for me, always going to be a 6-pointer because injuries, suspensions and loss of form are going to hit us harder than almost every other team. Our starting 11 consisted of 8 players who played for us in the Chimpo and our back-ups are barely Chimpo standard so games against teams who are going to struggle this season were always going to be vital as they're the teams we'll be in and around once the aforementioned injuries, suspensions, etc, start to bite.

There ya go...no sugar=coating for me,
    Last edited by Zippity; 13-08-2018 at 08:16 PM. Reason: v!tal is censored, ffs!

Agreed, we need a win. It won't be the end of the world (mainly cos i trust Rafa to get us points) if we only got a point but it would be close i feel.

Our first 5 games are a ******* and i can easily see us only getting points here.

So yes, i think it is a 6 pointer.

1-2 Rondon and Perez

Aye, I think we'll get something out of this one.

2-2 draw

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    For me? Yes.

And not because I'm panicking after Saturday because we actually played quite well (really well in parts).

The simple fact is that, whilst our manager is world class and our first team is easily mid-table (apart from up front, imo), our squad is bargain basement and has relegation candidates written all over it.

Whether we'd won, drawn or lost on Saturday, the game against Cardiff was, for me, always going to be a 6-pointer because injuries, suspensions and loss of form are going to hit us harder than almost every other team. Our starting 11 consisted of 8 players who played for us in the Chimpo and our back-ups are barely Chimpo standard so games against teams who are going to struggle this season were always going to be vital as they're the teams we'll be in and around once the aforementioned injuries, suspensions, etc, start to bite.

There ya go...no sugar=coating for me,
    Considering how well we played for quite a bit of that game against Spurs, title contenders last season and a settled side who had played together for most of last season with world cup players in the side and we could have easily come away on level terms with clinical finishers I feel we can get the better Cardiff.

The players are playing for Rafa.

Don't know about a 6 pointer but the table won't look clever in a few weeks if we lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Agreed, we need a win. It won't be the end of the world (mainly cos i trust Rafa to get us points) if we only got a point but it would be close i feel.

Our first 5 games are a ******* and i can easily see us only getting points here.

So yes, i think it is a 6 pointer.

Early days fellas, lets not overreact just yet eh,remember yer blood pressure! This group of players and coaches finished 10th last season, andimo we have a slightly better team now,although still a bit light on numbers.I do agree though that we need to be taking points of those teams who are gonna be around us next april,so yes 3 points would be great,not too bothered about the spurs result.We played well at times, tats good enough for me against a top 4 team.Trying to stay positive here guys!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)