+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good starts for Under 18 and Under 23 teams

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Can you not recruit anyone from the Gawthorpe Black Hole sinkov?
    We've had a few BT, David Lynch was the last one, he was here for a couple of seasons. It seems to depend on the manager's links, who they know, we've had a regular supply from the Rochdale Black Hole recently, but the Gawthorpers seem to be ending up more at Colne and Nelson, rather than Clitheroe these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Vydra won't be eligible on Thursday I don't think because he was not registered for the first leg.
    How the hell are we supposed to know who's registered ? No news on the official site, or have I missed it ? they certainly don't care about supporters do they.

Vydra isn't ready to feature yet because he missed almost all of Derby's pre-season. He will not be playing on Sunday but will be playing for the Under 23 at Coventry next Monday to give him more match time. Not my words --this came out in Sean Dyche's press conference today along with snippets about Brady and Defour.
    I believe that you can change registration on a round by round basis for the Europa League games. Here is a snippet from UEFA Regulations for Champions League and Europa League

List A has to be submitted online by the following fixed deadlines:
    a. 21 June 2018 (24.00CET) for all matches in the preliminary round;
    VII – Player Registration
    b. 6 July 2018 (24.00CET) for all matches in the first qualifying round;
    c. 20 July 2018 (24.00CET) for all matches in the second qualifying round;
    d. 3 August 2018 (24.00CET) for all matches in the third qualifying round;
    e. 17 August 2018 (24.00CET) for all matches in the play-offs;
    f. 3 September 2018 (24.00CET) for all further matches from the first match in
    the group stage up to and including the final.
    For the qualifying phase and the play-offs, a club may register a maximum of two
    new eligible players on List A after the above-mentioned deadlines, provided the
    quota of locally trained players is respected. Such registration must be completed
    by 24.00CET on the day before the relevant first-leg match and the club’s
    association must confirm in writing that the new player is eligible to play at
    domestic level at this time.

That's what I mean Sub, (But thanks for the info) "Snippets" and sometimes not even Snippets, its not good enough.

As long as they get it right with UEFA I am happy with that because I don't need to know, particularly at this stage of the season when I think it is more important for lots of players to get some game time in readiness for the long haul over the next 9 months.

You are happy that we are not kept informed and up to date, surely not Sub.

I am up to date because I listened to the press conference which told me enough.
    Burnley are at home tomorrow night against Istanbul Basaksehir with kick off at 1945 hrs and we will have changes in the team because some players are injured and others are not up to match fitness.
    I know that Vydra will not play on Sunday for the reasons stated and I also know that we have 3 goalkeepers injured at the moment, although one is only slightly so.

I know that Vydra will not play on Sunday for the reasons stated and I also know that we have 3 goalkeepers injured at the moment, although one is only slightly so.

Come on Sub, you know the time of day, in football 'only slightly so' can mean anything from 48 hours right up to Christmas and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Come on Sub, you know the time of day, in football 'only slightly so' can mean anything from 48 hours right up to Christmas and beyond.
    True, however, I am quite prepared to leave it to the management to decide when a player is dodging the issue because they see them every day and I don't!

True, however, I am quite prepared to leave it to the management to decide when a player is dodging the issue because they see them every day and I don't!
    It's long been my belief Sub that all football managers are liars, they tell you what they want you to know and no more, if necessary they will lie through their teeth. I doubt there is a more honest, decent manager in football than Sean, but the above applies to him as well, although I am sure he would make every attempt just not to tell the whole truth, rather than deliberately lie. But if he had to, he would.
    Last edited by sinkov; 15-08-2018 at 10:49 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)