+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Leeds United - v - Bolton EFL CUP ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    So Bielsa will be picking up that Bamford does not have the first touch of Roofe, that Pontus is still a bit rusty (though he tidied up brilliantly after Ayling's mistake), and Harrison looks a real handful
    All players have a preferred foot, but surprised at how predominate Bamford was on his left. The right leg looked like it was only there for balance. I guess the main thing is that he hits the net often enough, but will certainly limit his potency against a smart thinking defence.

Well pleased really, Baker, Harrison, Bamford, Shackleton and espessialy Blackman looked pretty good to me, remember our First 11 have mainly been at the club for a year or more and know each other - these new boys looked pretty comfortable to me considering.

Harrison looks very capable - just often not delivering the final ball, Bamford looks a bit of the pace but not too far off - as does Pontus, Shackleton looks a handfull as does Baker.

Blackman looks like our best option in goal IMO

Happy with the win and the final score.

I thought Shackleton looked promising. A couple of nice crosses when he got behind the defence. And Harrison looked dangerous at times with jinking runs. Certainly look like they could do a job for us going forward.

saiz harrison phillips pearce and shackleton stood out for me in this match, great to see the fringe players still trying to play the bielsa way, not easy for them when theyre not playing regularly, 8 changes to t6he starting lineup and especially first half looked the way better team, albeit bolton made 10 to theres apparently

Good run out for some lads who it is their first competitive 90 minutes. Unsurprisingly we tailed off a bit in second half but still thoroughly deserved the win in my opinion.

Harrison looks a cut above Alioski and we've got two cracking young full backs in reserve for Ayling and Douglas.

Thought Bamford was very anonymous, might just be a lack of match sharpness but in all honesty thats what I expect of him i.e. to not really do a lot. Got his goal though so fair play to him.

Saiz is a ridiculous player and pivotal alongside Pablo to our hopes this season.

Think we'll batter Rotherham would like to see Harrison get another start but then again why change a thoroughly dominant league side until it needs changing.

MOT

Was a little concerned how gingerly Saiz was walking after the game. He appeared to be grabbing at his hammy area at times when he came off. Didn't seem too serious but interesting if he plays on Saturday.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)