+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Gibson.

Ben Gibson.

I don't know how Dyche does it, but OMG this lad last night looked like he had been at Burnley since he was about six!

Ben and Kev Long were superb last night at the heart of our defence. We all wanted four EPL quality centre backs. We certainly have them now!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I don't know how Dyche does it, but OMG this lad last night looked like he had been at Burnley since he was about six!

Ben and Kev Long were superb last night at the heart of our defence. We all wanted four EPL quality centre backs. We certainly have them now!
    Well said BT. We know that Gibson is a good player but it was good to see Kevin Long get some recognition last night because he really had a superb game. I thought that when the referee booked him in the first half for questioning a decision that this would affect his game, however, it didn't and he really did play well.

Looks a born leader to me, read the game well and made an absolute crucial tackle when long had got done tbh , came round the back and had to get it right and did.
    What I would say though is just how good Mee and Tarky are because the bar is high at this club and I think we are lucky to have some very good players.
    Both centre backs last night looked v good can’t help thinking the others two are way better.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Looks a born leader to me, read the game well and made an absolute crucial tackle when long had got done tbh , came round the back and had to get it right and did.
    What I would say though is just how good Mee and Tarky are because the bar is high at this club and I think we are lucky to have some very good players.
    Both centre backs last night looked v good can’t help thinking the others two are way better.
    Lucky lads aren't we?

Not sure what this means

Burnley boss Sean Dyche says Ben Gibson ‘smells of leadership’ and has hailed his attitude in taking on a tough Turf Moor challenge.
    Dyche says he admires his £15m joint record signing for setting out to break up one of the top flight’s tightest defensive units.

What smell is that I wonder? Hugo Boss?

He enjoyed it anyway

I wanted to show the manager, the fans and, most importantly, my team-mates what I can bring,” said Gibson after Jack Cork’s injury-time winner lit up Turf Moor.
    “You can’t do that until you get an opportunity. The manager gave me an opportunity tonight and it’s one I really enjoyed.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...f-it---gibson/

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Not sure what this means

Burnley boss Sean Dyche says Ben Gibson ‘smells of leadership’ and has hailed his attitude in taking on a tough Turf Moor challenge.
    Dyche says he admires his £15m joint record signing for setting out to break up one of the top flight’s tightest defensive units.

What smell is that I wonder? Hugo Boss?
    Joe Hart says the club "stinks" of togetherness. Perhaps people are getting confused with the smell coming off the River Calder?

Every now and again I visit my brother in Todmorden which of course the river Calder runs through the center of town. Last visit (Bournemouth at Home) we walked in to town and I looked over the wall to show my good lady how narrow the Calder was in some places. (About a meter in this case). And would you believe it???? Trout... Loads of them looking happy as Larry.. I mean Trout.. Alive... in the Calder... I was speechless...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Joe Hart says the club "stinks" of togetherness. Perhaps people are getting confused with the smell coming off the River Calder?
    Must be sharing socks and boots like they did in BTs (the original) time.
    Or is it a Joe I’m alone scent.
    (Jo Malone then!)

It's just the sweet smell of success

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)