+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Istanbul

Burnley v Istanbul

Thursday’s Europa League, third round qualifying round, second leg tie against Istanbul Basaksehir at Turf Moor kicks off at 7.45pm.

Burnley Football Club would like to advise supporters that this game is not being broadcast, or streamed live.

Lots of tickets still available in Jimmy Mac and each end of the other two stands.

We have Romanians in charge for this one with István Kovács in charge, assistants Vasile Florin Marinescu and Ovidiu Artene and fourth official Marius Avram.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 13-08-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Wonder where we will let them park their caravans?

Bad blood between the clubs it seems over TV rights.

Burnley blamed Basaksehir for a failure to offer a stream. Discussions between officials from both clubs were described as 'heated', with no love lost between the pair.
    Sportsmail understands Basaksehir asked Burnley for a 'significant six-figure sum' for the right to show the match.

'We registered our disappointment with UEFA on that, as have the FA in their report back,' Burnley's head of football operations Matt Williams said.
    'We have made it clear to them that we wouldn't be facilitating anything similar for their broadcasters or supporters, as we felt that our supporters were denied the opportunity to watch the game on a legal stream.'

So much for a Government sponsored side,

Pity Barton is not playing on Thursday, with all of the bad blood going around there would be Turkey feathers all over the place.

Shame about the players too. In real money, a Hollands Meat & Potato pie will cost them about twenty quid!

Hope they don’t get any Turkish delight!

the Clarets will look to see off their Turkish opponents at Turf Moor tomorrow night, and if they do so Dyche has said he will continue to ring the changes.

“It’s squad depth, at the minute we’re down to a group which is more or less our minimum," the Burnley boss said.
    "We’ve still got Vyds, Steven Defour, Robbie Brady to get fit, Barnesy hasn’t had a 90 minutes, Tom Heaton, in three and a half weeks.

“There are still players getting back to full fitness, so that will obviously add to our depth.
    We made some changes, and probably will do again - I remind everyone, the focus is still the Premier League, I’ve made that clear all along."

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Hope they don’t get any Turkish delight!

the Clarets will look to see off their Turkish opponents at Turf Moor tomorrow night, and if they do so Dyche has said he will continue to ring the changes.

“It’s squad depth, at the minute we’re down to a group which is more or less our minimum," the Burnley boss said.
    "We’ve still got Vyds, Steven Defour, Robbie Brady to get fit, Barnesy hasn’t had a 90 minutes, Tom Heaton, in three and a half weeks.

“There are still players getting back to full fitness, so that will obviously add to our depth.
    We made some changes, and probably will do again - I remind everyone, the focus is still the Premier League, I’ve made that clear all along."
    It's almost funny.

51 years in the European wilderness and no-one really seems to give a fig now we are in.

AHH well--that's progress I suppose.

Reading between the lines blueheeler I think SD is telling the board we need reinforcements in January, or else!

I think he's also saying we're putting out the reserves tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think he's also saying we're putting out the reserves tomorrow.
    The squad training seems to confirm there will be a few.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/950367416?-919:978#out

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)