+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Istanbul

I'm with Map ...Great result and up the clarets ..roll on Greece ..

10 shots for Burnley (four on target) and 18 for Istanbul (eight on target).
    The Turkish side had more corners and blocked more shots than Burnley

Ratings Daily Mail
    Burnley (4-4-1-1): Hart 7.5; Bardsley 7, Long 7, Gibson 6.5, Ward 6; Lennon 6.5 (Gudmundsson 58, 6), Hendrick 6, Westwood 6 (Cork 82), Taylor 6.5; Barnes 5.5 (Tarkowski 120); Vokes 6 (Wood 82)

MoM Visca 8
    Last edited by oldcolner; 16-08-2018 at 10:03 PM.

We won though ..

LT ratings put Joe our MoM
    Burnley: [B]Joe Hart 9[B] Phil Bardsley 7, Kevin Long 7, Ben Gibson 7, Stephen Ward 7, Aaron Lennon 6 (Johann Berg Gudmundsson 58), Ashley Westwood 7(Jack Cork 82), Jeff Hendrick 6, Charlie Taylor 7, Ashley Barnes 6 (James Tarkowski 120), Sam Vokes 6 (Chris Wood 82)

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    LT ratings put Joe our MoM
    Burnley: [B]Joe Hart 9[B] Phil Bardsley 7, Kevin Long 7, Ben Gibson 7, Stephen Ward 7, Aaron Lennon 6 (Johann Berg Gudmundsson 58), Ashley Westwood 7(Jack Cork 82), Jeff Hendrick 6, Charlie Taylor 7, Ashley Barnes 6 (James Tarkowski 120), Sam Vokes 6 (Chris Wood 82)
    In real time Hart, Bardsley, Ward, Gibson, Cork (when he came on), Barnes and Gudmundsson (when he came on) were superb. Lennon, Long and Westwood were OK. Vokes, Wood, Hendrick and Taylor looked like Championship players but a special word for Joe Hart, he was really a cut above and it won't be long before he is back in the England squad on this form.

Good to get your take on things

Sean praised Joe but said There were a lot of really good performances - Ashley Barnes had an interrupted pre-season, Westy (Ashley Westwood) was excellent, the two centre-halves were absolutely top class. They deserve just as many mentions as Joe

Jeff (Hendrick) as well, and sometimes the fans can question him. But Joe definitely played his part, just so you're happy."

Dyche was open to a special mention for his match-winner, with Cork replicating his role in the defeat of Aberdeen a fortnight ago, when he also popped up to break the deadlock in extra-time.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...-with-joe-hart

Sean makes NBC

The strength of character of the players is so important and before extra time I was talking to my group and they were all focused on me,” Dyche said. “I looked at theirs and there were bodies everywhere and two players catching eyes with their manager.”

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2018/08...ul-basaksehir/

Dyche is a pure footballing genius. The longer he is with us, the more I love him!

We don't dive, we don't play act, we can switch the play, we have almost two players for every position, we defend probably as good as anyone.

One more good transfer window and we really will be the real deal!

That was a smashing TEAM performance last night with every player doing his bit to achieve the win. We should have been two up in the first half hour but the keeper made two decent saves and with their constant play-acting to break play up, which the referee seemed all too willing to accept, they came into the game and forced Joe into three good saves just before half time.
    They played some decent stuff in the second half but we just stuck to our task and the goal that Jack scored was a beauty and was well set up by Hendrick who, apart from a three minute spell in the second half, had a good game.

How we did not get a penalty just before the end of the first half of extra time I will never know. The defender punched the ball clear and the ref just ignored it!
    Anyway, my drive home was great with very little traffic and no diversions on the A1 and I covered the 140 miles trip in 143 minutes which isn't bad considering some of that was over Blubberhouses. I really was on a high ---roll on Olympiakos!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Avci thinks they will go through. Adebayor came on in their 2-0 win over Trabzonspor so may play.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...rnley/?ref=mac
    Oh dear, how sad, never mind ----he was wrong! Mind you, they did win the diving contest quite easily and really showed their experience on that score.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)