Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
He wasn't injured for many of the games that he wasn't picked....
The problem is that, like Forte, we will never actually know if he was fit or not when excluded.

Nolo clearly had a set team in his noggin last season, and it worked up until the humiliation at Swansea....once the wheels fell off, he was scouting Europe for the Lone Ranger not realising that certain players, that he had overlooked most of the season were still on the payroll....he referred to Forte a few times as being injured "doing the housework" which I found odd and remarked about at the time ie he seemed to be extracting the urine out of a player who ultimately got us into the play-offs at least, and went on to score in his debut for top-of-the-table Exeter.

I still back Nolo to do a job long-term at Notts....but sometimes he can be mightily stubborn. Here is the Exeter manager talking about Forte...

Exeter City striker Jonathan Forte will be available to make his debut on Saturday after injury concerns.

The 32-year-old was forced off at half-time in City's final pre-season game with a suspected broken hand, but X-rays have confirmed no fracture.

"When you lose someone at half-time in any game you're worried about the outcome," boss Matt Taylor said.

"He's a tough lad, he wanted to play on last weekend, but the right thing to do was to get it checked out.

"He's trained all week with no problems so he's one of four good centre forwards and four good options I have at the top end of the pitch," he told BBC Sport.