+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crawley sign Rob Milsom

Crawley sign Rob Milsom

Thought he was a useful midfielder for us but seemed to drift out of the picture

Quote Originally Posted by 80milesSouth View Post
    Thought he was a useful midfielder for us but seemed to drift out of the picture
    I went to Accrington last season where Milsom was the MOTM. He was then subsequently dropped for the next game...It was a mistake in letting him go, probably due to him not being one of Nolans Cronies...

Crawley have only given him a contract until January.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Crawley have only given him a contract until January.
    To me, it seems that Milsom was a victim of Nolan's 'favourites' policy. He didn't fit in so would never get the opportunities regardless of whether his play merited it. Wish him well, and if he can stay fit and injury free, Crawley have themselves a decent signing.

Milsom was the perfect candidate to replace Yates when he left last January. Nolan always seemed to say he had a vague injury when people questioned where he was though. Two players that if played could have got us over the line last year were frozen out for some unknown reason? Milsom and Forte if used earlier would have gotten us auto in my opinion

Milson = Mahon MkII in the way they were treated. We nearly got to the championship when Mahon was messed about. Forte will always be a frustrating forward who will score, no doubt a hat-trick against us.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I went to Accrington last season where Milsom was the MOTM. He was then subsequently dropped for the next game...It was a mistake in letting him go, probably due to him not being one of Nolans Cronies...
    Me too and I concur - Milsom and Husin were Notts best players. Not just my opinion but also of my 3 Italian guests, although they are season tickets holders at Milan so what would they know about football

Should have been given a chance when Yates went imo.

Player of season 16/17, frozen out 17/18

Crawley have made a good signing. Watch him boss the midfield when we play them

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Should have been given a chance when Yates went imo.

Player of season 16/17, frozen out 17/18

Crawley have made a good signing. Watch him boss the midfield when we play them
    That's presuming he will be fit for that game... Which is exactly the reason it's taken him this long to find someone willing to take a gamble and offer him a 6 month contract. He's obviously a good player but unfortunately he's made out of glass and is injured every other week.

He wasn't injured for many of the games that he wasn't picked....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast