+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crawley sign Rob Milsom

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Very good point. It's like saying that the average Premiership fan is far more knowledgeable about football than the average lower league fan simply because they watch games at a higher standard. In my experience the opposite is true.
    You are correct Elite although I took the original point more to say that a neutral supporter with knowledge of a totally different league still recognised the talent on the pitch. How are your onions? The dog trampled on mine, not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    How are your onions? The dog trampled on mine, not happy.
    All are a fair bit bigger than tennis ball size, but they are all very similar and I don't seem to have an outstanding one. Still a month or so of growing time hopefully, but I'm not expecting to beat my three and a half pounder from a couple of years ago.

All are a fair bit bigger than tennis ball size, but they are all very similar and I don't seem to have an outstanding one. Still a month or so of growing time hopefully, but I'm not expecting to beat my three and a half pounder from a couple of years ago.
    That's a good old size. I got a puppy and he has now trashed my patch twice, only tomatoes and chilli plants have survived. The chilli plants are certainly something to behold here in summer I have never seen anything like it for explosive growth and the tomatoes do very well in winter ( now).

Very good point. It's like saying that the average Premiership fan is far more knowledgeable about football than the average lower league fan simply because they watch games at a higher standard. In my experience the opposite is true.
    The truth is we usually watch a lot more football than them as we're more likely to watch the games at our level AND the premiership games whereas they'd only watch the Premiership games.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    The truth is we usually watch a lot more football than them as we're more likely to watch the games at our level AND the premiership games whereas they'd only watch the Premiership games.
    Which leads on to the fact that despite the "Well why didn't you apply for the Notts job?" brigade, a humble supporter can form an intelligent accurate opinion on the game and how they see it should be played.

"Hitler, he only had one ball, Goring, had two but very small, Himler, had something similar but poor old Keldsyke's got no balls at all"

"Sorry Elite, just couldn't help it" - "had to get the old Banjo out when I read your post" (I thought this thread was about Rob Milsom)
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 16-08-2018 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Spelling - "To avoid Elite's wroth"

Have I upset you Elite? - Didn't mean to offend

Sorry Banjo...too hard to resist
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  14.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  14.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post