+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Heid First AEK Thread

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    But........but.........but..........the coefficient??
    :-)
    New format, the co-efficient only impacts teams that do not have sufficient points.
    I think that we were on the cusp of getting no benefit from co-efficient points.
    So no benefit in Celtic doing well in the champions league.

Think the next benefit is if Scotland gets to 15th place (were about 24) then the league gets a 2nd champions league spot, but fcuk that if it ends up benefiting the gruesome twosome.

καλή τύχη aek!!

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    New format, the co-efficient only impacts teams that do not have sufficient points.
    I think that we were on the cusp of getting no benefit from co-efficient points.
    So no benefit in Celtic doing well in the champions league.

Think the next benefit is if Scotland gets to 15th place (were about 24) then the league gets a 2nd champions league spot, but fcuk that if it ends up benefiting the gruesome twosome.
    I'm kind of hankering for a Euromeister type thread explaining the logic of why it's good for Scottish teams for Celtic to get £35m for qualifying and the other Scottish team to get 50p each.

I hope Celtic get humiliated in Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    I'm kind of hankering for a Euromeister type thread explaining the logic of why it's good for Scottish teams for Celtic to get £35m for qualifying and the other Scottish team to get 50p each.
    Of course, the financial benefits is a different discussion from the co-efficient value.

With regards to the co-efficients, I believe Scotland has circa 18.5 points as it stands and have moved up to 23rd as a country.
    We have to get to 19th as a country before the champions start in Q2 as opposed to Q1 like they did this year.
    We have to get up to 18th as a country, before the Scottish Cup winners go into the Europa League QR3.

From a points perspective the 20% of the countries co-efficient is 4.625. We now have 4.5 points, so would take a co-efficient of 4.625 into next year competition (plus 20% of what the country gains more this year)
    If we pick up .5 (Qr2) or 1points (Qr3) next year, we would stand on our own points and not receive anything from the countries co-efficients

Something like that anyway

F@ck coefficients

and especially f@ck that disgusting club

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Look how we struggled against 10 men against SEVCO & laboured to a win over Dundee.

SEVCO will finish comfortably ahead of us IMO
    Red, you can't use that performance 9 days ago as a yardstick to state Sevco will finish "comfortably" ahead of us.

You reckoned Murty's Sevco would do the same at various junctures last season. Look what happened there?

We will improve. Yeah, so will they, but if we can bring in a Christie, or a decent winger (maybe both) we will be there are thereabouts in 2nd place this season, trust me on that.

And them qualifying for the Europa League will fcuk up their domestic league season big style, even if does give them access to additional riches.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Red, you can't use that performance 9 days ago as a yardstick to state Sevco will finish "comfortably" ahead of us.

You reckoned Murty's Sevco would do the same at various junctures last season. Look what happened there?

We will improve. Yeah, so will they, but if we can bring in a Christie, or a decent winger (maybe both) we will be there are thereabouts in 2nd place this season, trust me on that.

And them qualifying for the Europa League will fcuk up their domestic league season big style, even if does give them access to additional riches.
    Aye, maybe you’ll be right.
    Hope to hell you are.
    I just don’t see it.
    Even with the addition of Wilson, struggle to see where the goals will come from.

Would be great to get in a winger (genuine competition not a squad filler) & a no.10.

We’ll see.

Struggling to think of a more disgusting football club than Sellic, hope the Greeks pump them !!!

Quote Originally Posted by GlezgaRed View Post
    Struggling to think of a more disgusting football club than Sellic, hope the Greeks pump them !!!
    Struggling? There is one just across the same city.

Tims are not far behind, granted.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast