+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily Record article

Daily Record article

Interesting to note the no more signings quote , unless progression in the cups could see another face or two.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Interesting to note the no more signings quote , unless progression in the cups could see another face or two.
    Not a surprise but a huge concern. We have 2 excellent players in Dobbie and Harkins. injury to either or god forbid both would be catastrophic. I`d hate to see us relegated in our centenary season but it has to be viewed as a concern. Given we only have 2 strikers with experience we`ll have to hope young Declan Tremble is up to the task of playing at first team level because he is definitely going to be needed (and good luck to the lad). I`ll no doubt be labelled as "one of the usual suspects" for this post but it`s naive not to be really concerned by our current threadbare squad. That said I`ll continue to give my full support at games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Not a surprise but a huge concern. We have 2 excellent players in Dobbie and Harkins. injury to either or god forbid both would be catastrophic. I`d hate to see us relegated in our centenary season but it has to be viewed as a concern. Given we only have 2 strikers with experience we`ll have to hope young Declan Tremble is up to the task of playing at first team level because he is definitely going to be needed (and good luck to the lad). I`ll no doubt be labelled as "one of the usual suspects" for this post but it`s naive not to be really concerned by our current threadbare squad. That said I`ll continue to give my full support at games.
    No , you are 100% correct . A few injuries and suspensions, well, it doesn"t bear thinking about . Queens will have to use the loan system again no doubt .We are now directly seeing the result of the tail off in attendances at Palmerston impacting on the first team. Thats not negative , thats just FACT.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 14-08-2018 at 10:01 AM.

I see Chris Kane isn't featuring for St Johnstone at present. Not sure if he's still injured from missing the run of games at the end of last season. Would have him back on loan if available as Kerr is playing every game for the Perth club now.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    No , you are 100% correct . A few injuries and suspensions, well, it doesn"t bear thinking about . Queens will have to use the loan system again no doubt .We are now directly seeing the result of the tail off in attendances at Palmerston impacting on the first team. Thats not negative , thats just FACT.
    I see Ayr United are about to make another signing. We’re getting left behind here

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I see Chris Kane isn't featuring for St Johnstone at present. Not sure if he's still injured from missing the run of games at the end of last season. Would have him back on loan if available as Kerr is playing every game for the Perth club now.
    I dont see Kane as a SPL striker at all but he would do a job for us in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post

the queens board try to run queens like a business always trying to budget to keep in a profit ,when in reality a football team with any ambition greater than just staying afloat very rarely have any great success ,for success to happen teams need to be bankrolled by whoever runs them to some extent ,take newcastle for instance massive supported club with a billionair chairman budgeting for players to live within newcastles means ,resulting in fans fury ,then on the other scale you have a chelsea with nowhere near newcastles massive support and smaller ground spending cash like its out of fashion ,not having a dig at queens but just stating what it takes to gain success ,a team in queens position operating under a within there means budget will struggle ,the only way i can see queens moving up to the next level is for the money men to step up and expect to make a loss with an increased budget as its very rare you see a team working with an inyour means budget moving forward .

the fact is we are currently punching way way above our weight under our current budget in this division ,which is for me not a championship budget ,the budget we currently have would be a good budget for the league below us not the chamionship .

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    I see Ayr United are about to make another signing. We’re getting left behind here

***CHAMPIONSHIP NEWS***
    @AyrUnitedFC
    �� | The club is delighted to announce the signing of full-back Liam Smith from @JamTarts on a one year deal.

The 22-year old won the Championship on loan at St. Mirren last season, making 34 appearances and was named in the @PFAScotland Championship Team of the Year.

What a signing for Ayr and helped for by the AYR 500 find. Unreal to think Queens don’t have a similar scheme

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)