+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The chairman MUST back the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Fish & chips are crap in St Tropez.
    I'll take your word on that advice about Poisson et pommes frites

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    Snatched from under our noses?

Well considering all players have agents there won't be many secrets on who's in the bidding and how much.

Much as we love it the club is still a bit of a backwater in a town with well publicised issues.

To a player with two bids it might be the equivalent of choosing between two free holidays, Skegness or St Tropez.
    A good pal of mine on here used to take his hols in a caravan at Skegness and then for a wheeze would post pictures of sharks in the Maldives. What a guy. Now he supports Didcot Rangers. A very sad loss to MM.

"The players are the ones with the power now, unfortunately".

Or something similar, is what Shearer said on Saturday, shouldn't he have been backing the workers since he was one?

He's right though, rocketing player wages are ruining football.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    "The players are the ones with the power now, unfortunately".

Or something similar, is what Shearer said on Saturday, shouldn't he have been backing the workers since he was one?

He's right though, rocketing player wages are ruining football.
    I would bet that players like Warne have not earned in all of their career as much as Sanchez at Man ure as in one season.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    A good pal of mine on here used to take his hols in a caravan at Skegness and then for a wheeze would post pictures of sharks in the Maldives. What a guy. Now he supports Didcot Rangers. A very sad loss to MM.
    Aye a real hoot he was! ......not!

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    Snatched from under our noses?

Well considering all players have agents there won't be many secrets on who's in the bidding and how much.

Much as we love it the club is still a bit of a backwater in a town with well publicised issues.

To a player with two bids it might be the equivalent of choosing between two free holidays, Skegness or St Tropez.
    Nowt wrong wi Skeggy, it's where Kempo had his honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Nowt wrong wi Skeggy, it's where Kempo had his honeymoon.
    He wanted to stay at my place this year. The caravan wasn't a problem but I couldn't accommodate the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    OR..we have learnt! We dont need another administration, we can only afford players at the lower end, and those who can accept our wage cap.

The only way we can compete in the bottom 6 or 7 is to use the loan market with stunning effect, we are not Man Utd
    We wont get many more easier games than Ipswich and in that first half our midfield was steamrollered and could have been two or three down.We clearly need reinforcements because that midfield is so weak.We must bring in a couple of loanees in this week.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    We wont get many more easier games than Ipswich and in that first half our midfield was steamrollered and could have been two or three down.We clearly need reinforcements because that midfield is so weak.We must bring in a couple of loanees in this week.
    I agree we do need a couple of loan players for CM...lets hope Warney has a hat and a Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by dmentor View Post
    I don't know if it's just me or what,but every time we seem to be interested in a player,it just seems to drag on and on,and how many times have players been snatched from under our noses,something as to change,in my opinion.
    It's not just you, a lot of people are understandably cynical about our efforts in the transfer market.
    If you boil it all down the current situation is that we're after two players on loan but we may not get the ones we want. We may get someone in this week but we may not, in fact it's possible we might not get anyone at all.
    Fills you with confidence doesn't it when there are glaring deficiencies in our midfield and that's the opinion of the manager as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast