+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The chairman MUST back the manager.

The chairman MUST back the manager.

After failing to bring in any permanent signings,we are left with the option of bringing in loan signings.The recruitment director surely has a list of premiership youngsters who are looking at a championship club for career improvement, where we would also benefit.Ideally, we have also pinpointed some, who could become permanent signings in January.We do not seem to have any plan at all.The club receives seven million pounds,season ticket sales and hospitality have been healthy,new sponsors have been brought in BUT there is no funding for player recruitment! What is the point of paying for a recruitment director?We clearly need some quality midfielders brought in before Saturday.If it means paying 10% more to the parent club, we have to do it.There's only one person who can change this and he is the man who said" we have learnt a lot from last time we will be better prepared this time".

Yeah,i have said something similar on another thread,come on TS,lets show some determination on these two loans.

I think that he already has. Warne has been clear about what happened in the transfer window. We now have to be patient.

The seven million quid will have already been earmarked so whatever happens at the end of the season we'll be in a stronger position for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    After failing to bring in any permanent signings,we are left with the option of bringing in loan signings.The recruitment director surely has a list of premiership youngsters who are looking at a championship club for career improvement, where we would also benefit.Ideally, we have also pinpointed some, who could become permanent signings in January.We do not seem to have any plan at all.The club receives seven million pounds,season ticket sales and hospitality have been healthy,new sponsors have been brought in BUT there is no funding for player recruitment! What is the point of paying for a recruitment director?We clearly need some quality midfielders brought in before Saturday.If it means paying 10% more to the parent club, we have to do it.There's only one person who can change this and he is the man who said" we have learnt a lot from last time we will be better prepared this time".
    Maybe the Chairman is backing the manager

Maybe targets have been found

Maybe reasonable offers have been made.

But maybe the players concerned don't fancy Rotherham as a place

Maybe they are concerned that after signing they won't be picked for first team duties

Or maybe they don't fancy a Warne regime of fitness. There are a lot of lazy players about.

Or maybe a more attractive club comes along with a better offer.

Who knows?

But it's not necessarily the chairman's fault

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    OR..we have learnt! We dont need another administration, we can only afford players at the lower end, and those who can accept our wage cap.

The only way we can compete in the bottom 6 or 7 is to use the loan market with stunning effect, we are not Man Utd

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I think that he already has. Warne has been clear about what happened in the transfer window. We now have to be patient.

The seven million quid will have already been earmarked so whatever happens at the end of the season we'll be in a stronger position for next season.
    I don't know if it's just me or what,but every time we seem to be interested in a player,it just seems to drag on and on,and how many times have players been snatched from under our noses,something as to change,in my opinion.

Robertson, Vassell and Jones are permanent signings are they not?

Laughable that we keep hearing TS isn’t backing the manager.

Wasn’t that many in hospitality on Saturday.
    Only 3 sponsors for the game
    Hopefully that’ll pick up as we go on.

But I agree the club needs to do better but don’t just blame TS

Why don’t you go to the fans forum and ask the questions?
    Last edited by millertop; 14-08-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Snatched from under our noses?

Well considering all players have agents there won't be many secrets on who's in the bidding and how much.

Much as we love it the club is still a bit of a backwater in a town with well publicised issues.

To a player with two bids it might be the equivalent of choosing between two free holidays, Skegness or St Tropez.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    Snatched from under our noses?

Well considering all players have agents there won't be many secrets on who's in the bidding and how much.

Much as we love it the club is still a bit of a backwater in a town with well publicised issues.

To a player with two bids it might be the equivalent of choosing between two free holidays, Skegness or St Tropez.
    Fish & chips are crap in St Tropez.

I'm happy to leave this to the manager and chairman. Five years ago I felt TS should invest more in the squad. The ridiculous inflation in fees and wages has changed my mind. The only quibble I have is to question whether we need the recruitment director and we seem to have a poor record in discovering potential in the lower leagues.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast