+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashley's last chance following his only inspirational action.

Ashley's last chance following his only inspirational action.

Following on from Kev's post about life after Rafa.

Is there any life after Rafa Benitez. There aren't any K.K's around nor are there any Sir Bob's.

Virtually the one and only decent and inspirational action which Ashley has pulled off in the whole time he has been here was the appointment of Rafa, a real MASTERSTROKE and instead of building on it and taking advantage of it to take the club forward and give himself a bit of credence what does he do????????

He reverts to form, makes promises to Rafa and the supporters which he welches on, tells lies and generally ruins all of the decent work he did to get an inspirational expert like Rafa in to drag a dying giant up from the edge of total failure.

Does anyone know what the answer is apart from Ashley selling to a positive buyer with Rafa staying.

Or even Ashley staying on but seeing and accepting his errors and making good by supporting Rafa and helping him build to success.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Following on from Kev's post about life after Rafa.

Is there any life after Rafa Benitez. There aren't any K.K's around nor are there any Sir Bob's.

Virtually the one and only decent and inspirational action which Ashley has pulled off in the whole time he has been here was the appointment of Rafa, a real MASTERSTROKE and instead of building on it and taking advantage of it to take the club forward and give himself a bit of credence what does he do????????

He reverts to form, makes promises to Rafa and the supporters which he welches on, tells lies and generally ruins all of the decent work he did to get an inspirational expert like Rafa in to drag a dying giant up from the edge of total failure.

Does anyone know what the answer is apart from Ashley selling to a positive buyer with Rafa staying.

Or even Ashley staying on but seeing and accepting his errors and making good by supporting Rafa and helping him build to success.
    I don't see ANYTHING changing as long as the fat controller is here. Lets get things straight here,we are a cash cow, end of, hes not bothered about the football side, where we finish, whether we win anything etc etc. He dislikes the fans because he knows what we think of him, therefore he takes great delight in annoying the ****in life out of us, he loves it. Every so often he throws us some crumbs appointing Rafa and gets our hopes up then...……………. that's the worst sort of torture and he knows it! When Rafa leaves at the end of the season he will be ****in ecstatic because then he has another opportunity to wind us up by appointing another no mark manager ffs. This is how I see it, and is why after 40 odd yrs, I have cancelled my season ticket. This is it for the foreseeable future im afraid,at least that's how I see things unfortunately.

People divvint realise the effect that the HoF sale had on our club.
    That's where our transfer money has gone,AND it will come out whenever he decides to release the club accounts next year.
    People that say "oh it's SD money" they need to wake up!!!
    The mans a tyrant,he's not bothered about laws/government etc.But he will fu ck up sometime and I hope it's sooner rather than later..

FCB OOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    People divvint realise the effect that the HoF sale had on our club.
    That's where our transfer money has gone,AND it will come out whenever he decides to release the club accounts next year.
    People that say "oh it's SD money" they need to wake up!!!
    The mans a tyrant,he's not bothered about laws/government etc.But he will fu ck up sometime and I hope it's sooner rather than later..

FCB OOT!!!
    I can't wait for the time we are eventually taken over then the new owner goes to town with auditers pouring over the accounts for the past decade. Exposing the fat crooked bassa and him finishing up behind bars.

A dream come true.

Ashley has cleverly arranged for several of his puppets to come to his defence recently.... wise, keys,ameobi to name but a few.I have also seen the press jumping on the bandwagon accusing the fans/shearer of misplaced ignorance in citing the £90m HOF bail out as a substitute for club investment.The accusation is that we have no recognition of the fact that stores/11,000 jobs have been saved.
    Of course we have - any job salvation is magnificent news but lets not lose sight of the fact that Ashley has one aim in making this purchase - also there is the aspect of employee pension to be taken into account.
    What we complain about year after year is mismanagement of the club from the top resulting in either relegation or a dogfight to avoid this - nothing more nothing less. Lets get back to the facts & ignore these muppets who have no interest in our great club/fans. HWTL - IRWT

Just read an article that says most PL teams would still be in profit even if they played in stadiums with zero fan attendance for the whole season. Says it all really, the fans are becoming irrelevant to the bottom line, all they are needed for is to buy their merchandise i.e. Ashley.

It's difficult for them to stop attending matches to give support to the team but surely they don't need to queue at Sports Direct Tat to pay good money for something they could do without.

I've never bought a single item from there, not even a shoe lace nor would I at any retail establishment owned by Ashley

Anyone that things a club can run without fans are welcome to their thoughts.
    The reality is any club would fold in short order without fans.
    The whole purpose of the game is to play to fans and for fans to support the club, whether that's inside the stadium or outside of it.

Nobody will watch football on TV looking at empty stadiums, so they would have to turn the game into virtual reality and do away with footballers and real stadiums altogether...replacing the teams with gamers or the likes....or they would have to understand that real fans ansure real footballers and real clubs, exist and are the absolute sole reason they do. In my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    It's difficult for them to stop attending matches to give support to the team but surely they don't need to queue at Sports Direct Tat to pay good money for something they could do without.

I've never bought a single item from there, not even a shoe lace nor would I at any retail establishment owned by Ashley
    You might not have but a lot of people do, which is why he has so many stores and why they are successful, whether people think they're tat or not.

There's a lot of shops out there that sell so called tat and people don't seem to be disgruntled about them.

I suppose sports direct buy in a less quality Nike trainer do they?
    Or Adidas?
    Or is it just the cheaper range that all sports shops sell?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    You might not have but a lot of people do, which is why he has so many stores and why they are successful, whether people think they're tat or not.

There's a lot of shops out there that sell so called tat and people don't seem to be disgruntled about them.

I suppose sports direct buy in a less quality Nike trainer do they?
    Or Adidas?
    Or is it just the cheaper range that all sports shops sell?
    I wasn't talking about either the quality of some items or the lack of quality about others only the fact that I don't need to shop there and on principle would never shop at any of Ashleys outlets. Just personal opinion by the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)