+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ashley's last chance following his only inspirational action.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I wasn't talking about either the quality of some items or the lack of quality about others only the fact that I don't need to shop there and on principle would never shop at any of Ashleys outlets. Just personal opinion by the way.
    Ok fine, if that's your way.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    You might not have but a lot of people do, which is why he has so many stores and why they are successful, whether people think they're tat or not.

There's a lot of shops out there that sell so called tat and people don't seem to be disgruntled about them.

I suppose sports direct buy in a less quality Nike trainer do they?
    Or Adidas?
    Or is it just the cheaper range that all sports shops sell?
    the adidas and nike stuff they sell in the main appear to be the discontinued lines... last seasons... so yep are the cheaper ones.
    for some its the only way they can get the branded stuff their kids would like ..

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    the adidas and nike stuff they sell in the main appear to be the discontinued lines... last seasons... so yep are the cheaper ones.
    for some its the only way they can get the branded stuff their kids would like ..
    And that's why the store is a godsend to many people all over the country and anywhere else it thrives.

Unfortunately, purely in terms of what SD offers and forgetting about who owns it, Ghost is right about what it offers.

Even in Newcastle, there are enough folk who don't care enough about NUFC to stop them shopping there.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    And that's why the store is a godsend to many people all over the country and anywhere else it thrives.
    He also has hid online store Field and Trek which does good business. He sells tat to the masses but a lot of family’s need to purchase from him.

I would rather give a competitor 30 quid more but that’s my choice.

Wait until he turns HoF into House of sports Fraser direct .. Changing contracts to bring in a raft of low paid zero hours contract jobs .

The man is a disgrace and I wouldn't spend 1p in his tat empire.

The people for whom tat direct is a "godsend" probably includes a fair percentage of his own staff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)