+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Raith v Colts

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    would it not be sensible to split each of the Highland & Lowland leagues into 2 divisions eache?
    There are 18 clubs in the Highland League with 3/4 semi-permanent whipping boys, and calls already this season, from the uninformed, to get rid of Fort William due to their dire start. Importing another (say) ten teams to make two leagues of 14 would be difficult and difficult to sustain, as another ten teams of any quality to make it competitive in both suggested divisions would be almost impossible to find.

Or you could always invite Elgin City, Peterheid, the Masons and the Dingwall Caravan Club to enter their 'colts' (what a ****ing awful expression).

OVER.

My.

****ING.

DEAD.

PUTREFYING.

BODY.

Leave the Highland League alone - it was already ****ed up the wrong 'un when they abolished the Qualifying Cup (North), the prestige cup competition, in 2006-07.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    There are 18 clubs in the Highland League with 3/4 semi-permanent whipping boys, and calls already this season, from the uninformed, to get rid of Fort William due to their dire start. Importing another (say) ten teams to make two leagues of 14 would be difficult and difficult to sustain, as another ten teams of any quality to make it competitive in both suggested divisions would be almost impossible to find.

Or you could always invite Elgin City, Peterheid, the Masons and the Dingwall Caravan Club to enter their 'colts' (what a ****ing awful expression).

OVER.

My.

****ING.

DEAD.

PUTREFYING.

BODY.

Leave the Highland League alone - it was already ****ed up the wrong 'un when they abolished the Qualifying Cup (North), the prestige cup competition, in 2006-07.
    Good post

OVER.

My.

****ING.

DEAD.

PUTREFYING.

BODY.

I agree, there are very few towns that could raise a team of the standard required to play in an expanded HL

Oban has a pretty decent amateur team, that have reached Scottish amateur cup Semi finals before, won their league a few times and would easily beat more than half the teams in HL. But, it would seem they do not have any interest in joining HL, plus they dont have their own ground as such, use the shinty pitch sometimes or just a public pitch mostly.

Just watched Anderson goal last night. It's on Twitter. We have no other striker capable of such a pure strike. Seen enough, he must play.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Just watched Anderson goal last night. It's on Twitter. We have no other striker capable of such a pure strike. Seen enough, he must play.
    https://www.facebook.com/AberdeenFoo...6401572117287/

It's good to know he has that type of skill.

Absolute top quality and as others have said it does not look like we have that sort of quality anywhere else in the team when it comes to striking a ball a finishing, he must be due a start

FFS deek you know it's the right thing to do, maybe even make his tombola ball a bitty warmer when you are picking the team from the box for the next game....

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

FFS deek you know it's the right thing to do,SF
    That will be Cosgrove up front then

Quote Originally Posted by ObanRed View Post
    I agree, there are very few towns that could raise a team of the standard required to play in an expanded HL

Oban has a pretty decent amateur team, that have reached Scottish amateur cup Semi finals before, won their league a few times and would easily beat more than half the teams in HL. But, it would seem they do not have any interest in joining HL, plus they dont have their own ground as such, use the shinty pitch sometimes or just a public pitch mostly.
    I did an interview for a mag with the heid boys at the three new clubs when they were elected to the League. Donly McLeod of Strathspey Thistle said that the biggest issue for clubs in the southern Speyside/Badenoch/Argyll area is competing for players with shinty.

I did an interview for a mag with the heid boys at the three new clubs when they were elected to the League. Donly McLeod of Strathspey Thistle said that the biggest issue for clubs in the southern Speyside/Badenoch/Argyll area is competing for players with shinty.
    I remember driving over to Claggan during my Heelan Hike and the fact once your are past Aviemore the fitba pitches dry up and are replaced with shinty pitches says it all

Shinty is looney tunes stuff, brutal.

I dinna ken a shinty player fa's nose doesnae point in three different directions.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast