+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pressure on already

Yeovil will beat us if he keeps the same line up

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNottsCounty FC View Post
    I would agree we should continue to demonstrate trust in the manager and coaches.There can’t be any real complaints about the managers recruitment ability, the players signed in the summer, either permanently or on season long loans appear, on paper, to offer a bit more quality than we had last season (with the exception of the two Forest players, Yates & Grant). Injuries may well have played a part in team selections so far and therefore perhaps we should give Mr Nolan some period of grace. However, he does seem overly loyal to some players. He had an opportunity to give Donga He a cameo appearance against Colchester, a move that would have excited the crowd and possibly injected a much needed burst of energy. Instead he brought on Hawkridge who didn’t go past a player all last season and who gave no impression of wanting to now, albeit with limited time. There is only so much a manager can do, once the players cross the white line they are responsible for their actions and decision making. Nolan should however refuse to accept the persistent errors, and from the “highlights” from Cambridge, the apathy of certain individuals. I hope and believe his intention is to provide more cohesive attacking football than was offered last year, his recruitment would back that up, he just now needs to provide those recruits with the opportunity when available.
    Welcome - excellent first post

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Hopefully, Dennis will be up to full fitness by then so should start in place of Stead also, would like to see Kellett start the match at LB in place of Jones. I know LB is not his best position but hey, its not Jones's either

ps: Milsom played LB to good effect!!! - Short-sighted management?

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Hopefully, Dennis will be up to full fitness by then so should start in place of Stead also, would like to see Kellett start the match at LB in place of Jones. I know LB is not his best position but hey, its not Jones's either

Kellett has LB experience and can't be any worse at defending than Jones so agree with you on this. Hopefully he doesn't get injured tonight as I believe he will be starting vs Boro. Let's also hope he doesn't risk Dennis, Enzio or Hemmings either tonight and plays Stead, Aless, Hawk etc. Save the best for Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    I’ll bet he does, though. I think his tactic will be to keep his fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post

Jones's best position is the bench. Kellett probably doesn't want to play at left back, but it's better than not playing at all.

I agree that the players recruited this summer were decent but you have to ask what plan KN had when he brought them here. And also, why are some of the defence that nearly relegated us to the National League or whatever they call it now still here? Say that on here and people give you abuse, which tends to come from the same 'experts' who told us Dongda He wasn't good enough for the first team. 4th best in the division is the oft quoted phrase but as soon as Yates left they crumbled.

It's a pity, because it seems like we have players who can create now, if we play them, but even if we score 5, you'd back the other team to score 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Jones's best position is the bench. Kellett probably doesn't want to play at left back, but it's better than not playing at all.

I agree that the players recruited this summer were decent but you have to ask what plan KN had when he brought them here. And also, why are some of the defence that nearly relegated us to the National League or whatever they call it now still here? Say that on here and people give you abuse, which tends to come from the same 'experts' who told us Dongda He wasn't good enough for the first team. 4th best in the division is the oft quoted phrase but as soon as Yates left they crumbled.

It's a pity, because it seems like we have players who can create now, if we play them, but even if we score 5, you'd back the other team to score 6.
    So the some of the defenders that nearly got us relegated out of the league also contributed to the 4th best defence in the division, and it's OK to use one to slag them off but not the other to defend them?

Out of interest, which happened more recently?

It wasn't the defence that let us down but the lack of, or no, goals against poor teams that should have been walloped but instead walloped us. But really?? You would back the other team to score six? Lets hope we don't score five then.

Say that on here and people give you abuse, which tends to come from the same 'experts' who told us Dongda He wasn't good enough for the first team.
    I'm pretty sure I said Dongda He was nowhere near ready for the first team rather than that he wasn't good enough. If you saw the games against Basford and Derby, he did as many bad things as good things. I remember at the Derby game a bloke behind me said "who's the number 20, he's rubbish". The number 20 was Dongda He. Definite signs of ability there, but he's very much at the raw material stage for this season. Just because Wolves signed him doesn't make him a quality player, and 90%+ of his type never get a sniff at the top level. I would love to see him do well though, and if he does I can say "I saw Dongda He score in a Notts County shirt"!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12