+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lisbon

Lisbon

Anyone been?

Good place to take a four year old?

As I'm away for Christmas and have been away for summer, October, half of Christmas and Easter Holidays I want to take the wee dude away for new year but canna decide where. I have never been to Portugal (and yes there is fitba on over New Year Sporting v Belenenses). Looks like a nice place

Lisbon is f*cking magic. Loved the place

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Lisbon is f*cking magic. Loved the place
    That will do me

Always fancied it.

My daughter (rules don't apply) has just been, said it was great.

I visited only once in 2013 but liked it...although it's in Europe geographically there's a different feel about the place...I had travelled north to Guimares (Victoria v Rijeka, a Portuguese old boy pleaded with me to go into the away end for unknown reasons, which I did) and Oporto but they felt more European than Lisbon...

I would recommend you take the train along the coast to Belem whilst you're there...

Also good music scene, I saw Moon Duo there but probably irrelevant if you're heading there with your loon

I went to Benifica v Anderlecht in the Chumps League and it was a sterile depressing experience

We popped along to a Portugal v Norway game at the Stadium of Light. It’s in a right sh1thole & there was nothing in the way of atmosphere

Booked yesterday

Staying in an apartment in the old town quiet part Ajuda (right next to Belenenses ground so ill nip over for a gander one day)

Fully intend on Belem. Was reading up on it. Apartment is between Belem and the centre of the city.Looks like there is plenty to keep Pac Jnr amused too.(hes happy if hes outside to be honest so wont be hard)

I may nip across to Estadio Nacional and take a dump on its doorstep too

Sporting v Belenenses on the 2nd. A derby so hopefully a good atmosphere. It will pop the wee mans foreign fitba cherry too

I emailed my dad and he said he has always fancied it so him and my ma are tagging along too. Free live in child care. Nice

I've been a couple of times to Lisbon. CL Final in 2014 then a double header Benfica v Estoril and Belenenses v Feirense. I did a rough head count at the Belenenses match and I reckoned around 300. The official attendance was 1500. Nice ground tho. Estadio da Luz is very nice. Across the road from a big shopping centre and easy tube ride from town. Pain in the bum to get across the road tho.

Town is lovely. Dont eat in the cafes in the pedestrian bittie leading down to the big square - awful food. Usual thing - go up a side street somewhere and you'll find locals eating great grub for ten bob a head including a gallon of plonk.

The Mercado de Ribeira is a food hall for drinkers and I liked it. Beer was cheap at a couple of euros a bottle. Can't remember what is was called.

The specialty in Belem is wee custard cake things. Nice.

Not sure if there is enough to keep a 4 year old amused tho - but I wasn't looking.

Not been to Sporting stadium - they play in green.

Hope you enjoy it.

Canna wait. Should be ace

There for 5 days and there is plenty for the wee man.

Sporting are green and white hoops so I will be wanting Belenenses to win