+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Someone Taking the P*ss

O/T Someone Taking the P*ss

I was in Barclays bank at Rotherham this week, while I was being served a delivery
    man turned up with a parcel. One of the cashiers checked the small parcel, saying
    no one worked at the bank that was the name on the parcel.
    Next minute a eastern European bloke walks in & asks the delivery man if he has a
    parcel for him giving a name, delivery man says yes that name on parcel, so gives
    it him, making him open it, there was a brand new phone in it.
    Cashier says to me the cheek of it using the Barclays bank address to have a delivery,
    like I said to her, the phone won't ever get paid for if on a contract, so bloke walks
    out with a phone, with some company losing the phones value.
    Another scam being used.

I believe it was probably a Russian tourist on a brief visit to Rotherham to marvel at the spire of All Saints Church and needing something to take photos with so planned ahead to have it delivered to the bank.

On a serious note I doubt a phone would get delivered and/or activated without a method of payment being taken. Believe it or not there are more and more folks these days who don't have an address, although Barclays Bank is a somewhat strange choice. Don't you have delivery lockers over there yet e.g. Amazon where things can be delivered to and picked up with a code? Even pizza firms here have started delivering to 'hot spots', general public places and not house addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I believe it was probably a Russian tourist on a brief visit to Rotherham to marvel at the spire of All Saints Church and needing something to take photos with so planned ahead to have it delivered to the bank.