+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitrovic statistics

Mitrovic statistics

Some stats I stumbled upon. He appears to have a better time at Fulham (most of it's fizzy ball, I know). Not a lot of shots on goal per game generally??? His disciplinary chart with us is astonishing when you think of the relatively little we saw of him. I'm starting to think he isn't all that, though I did/do like him.

Games played
    Fulham: 21
    Newcastle: 65

Goals per game
    Fulham: 0,62
    Newcastle: 0,38

Shots per game

Fulham: 3,71
    Newcastle: 4,54

Shots on goal per gameFulham: 1,38
    Newcastle: 1,81

Ball touches in the opponents goal area

Fulham: 6,45
    Newcastle: 2,74

Disciplinary record
    Fulham: 3 yellow cards, no reds
    Newcastle: 8 yellow cards and 3 red

Time will tell of course and Fulham after a 15 min flurry were slow and didn't get the ball into the box quick enough in their first game . Mitro looked dangerous , but time will tell .

he got into some good scoring positions

but he has always needed lots of chances to score

im sure he will be more suited to fulhams style of play over ours

I still think he will finish above any of our strikers in goals scored

To be honest, I look at it all in a different way, without stats.

The reason being is, Mitrovic was very young when he came to Newcastle and he was also very very fiery and naive.
    His over enthusiasm to the cause for us and his physical strength and size which made defenders lives a misery, often ended up with him doing something silly and ultimately gaining him a reputation that referees took advantage of.

Being omitted from our team for most of the championship season and just about all of last season hasn't given us any chance to actually see an older Mitrovic gain in stature/fitness and overall adaptability to our cause, which is a massive shame.

However, he showed what he can do for Fulham last season in all aspects of what I'm talking about, including learning to control his naivety and over enthusiasm and rash ways, which has not only taken away the referees focus on his rough side but gained a focus on his footballing side and intelligence.

This season will be a big test for him but he still has to be provided for and will likely be massively targeted for the clever treatment by premier players who will not be able to bully him out of the game.

I'll be watching him with interest but I will always maintain that we let go of a player that we could've easily catered for and gained some real good returns from.

Unfortunately he's gone now so I have to now concentrate my mind on the players we have and hope they hit the ground running.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 17-08-2018 at 08:56 AM.

like you ghost I cannot see why rafa dint have a look at mitro this season or until January anyway

mitro did everything asked of him by rafa

go away score goals

I still think we have made a big mistake in letting him go to a rival for the money we did

rondon came from a relegated club

mitro will have 2 games to show us what he can or cant do

I hope he goes easy on us

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    like you ghost I cannot see why rafa dint have a look at mitro this season or until January anyway

mitro did everything asked of him by rafa

go away score goals

I still think we have made a big mistake in letting him go to a rival for the money we did

rondon came from a relegated club

mitro will have 2 games to show us what he can or cant do

I hope he goes easy on us
    It'll be only in those two games where I hope Mitro has a stinker. I'll immediately go into hate (not literally) mode for him if he puts us to the sword.
    You see, any to and fro debates about what goes on at the club become a noting when it comes to the game.
    The game becomes us against them, regardless of how many player of ours play for the opposition or who are looked upon as well liked or local heroes or whatever.

Anything other than when we play them and Mitro has my interest in terms of seeing him hopefully put some teams to the sword and big teams at that.

The thing about Mitro-and Gayle, too-is that he needs too many chances to score and, again like Gayle, passes up some incredibly straightforward ones.

Now like it or not (and, being honest,Ii don't), Fulham play a more attacking style of football than we do so their strikers are going to be in the box more and have more chances. Coupled with the fact that it was in the Chimpo, it was no great surprise that he did so well in his loan spell.

He may well score more than our strikers but that's more a reflection of how shit we are up front than of how good he is. And, regardless of how many he scores, there's no point lamenting letting him go because 'he could have scored those goals for us'...because he wouldn't have, partly because he's not very good, partly because of the difference in styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    The thing about Mitro-and Gayle, too-is that he needs too many chances to score and, again like Gayle, passes up some incredibly straightforward ones.

Now like it or not (and, being honest,Ii don't), Fulham play a more attacking style of football than we do so their strikers are going to be in the box more and have more chances. Coupled with the fact that it was in the Chimpo, it was no great surprise that he did so well in his loan spell.

He may well score more than our strikers but that's more a reflection of how shit we are up front than of how good he is. And, regardless of how many he scores, there's no point lamenting letting him go because 'he could have scored those goals for us'...because he wouldn't have, partly because he's not very good, partly because of the difference in styles.
    This is pretty much my assessment of Mitrovic - and attacking football - too. Well put.

Rafa had it in for him from the day he took over, never gave him a chance when we were relegated even though he kept scoring from the bench yet rafa always started Cisse instead who did nothing, same in the championship hardly got a start and even when he scored that bundle of goals when Gayle was crocked soon as he was fit Mitro was dumped as for last season that was pathetic he scored 2 goals in about 80 minutes of football and was then never seen again. Now he is playing for a quality attacking manager we see the results played every game and scores loads. We have messed up big time selling him and keeping joselu and bringing in Rondon who is a good striker but if he gets injured were stuffed in front of goal

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Agreed Zip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)