+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A big credit fo that support the Team

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

5 Some of the mooar fickle element were sharting and booing for the first time. Stendel kept turning back to his coaches with a look of horror/ disgust on his face and his decision to withdraw Dougall was not met with pleasure. One pillak, mid twenties, ran to the touchline to what looked like try to pull Pinillos's shorts darn as he wo tekkin a throw in. Steward followed him back into crowd. A full blown feyt followed with three ejected. While mooast wo watching that Pinnock hit pooast from a corner
    Seem to always get faces at Blackpool that you never see again all season. People just going for the pis sup . I was sat near him who did this and they were all lathered. I never enjoy Blackpool away , really dislike the place , sorry Hodger !

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Seem to always get faces at Blackpool that you never see again all season. People just going for the pis sup . I was sat near him who did this and they were all lathered. I never enjoy Blackpool away , really dislike the place , sorry Hodger !
    Me too East Stand. Unless you sup in the reight dives with the down and outs near the ground. I've never seen the pull of paying into the pubs and over inflated beer prices. We went to Preston away last season and I thought to myself as sup in Blackpools equivalent of Rotherham's County Borough I might aswell av' just gone for a few in Preston.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Me too East Stand. Unless you sup in the reight dives with the down and outs near the ground.
    Tha too posh and middle class Ponte

The comments after each number drawn sharted from them doing the cards wudda made a nun blush but a wo piss1ng missen. Good ale and lager at £2-50 a pint. Luvved it.
    A lass abart 60 year old who looked like she ed lived a hard life sharted "Up yer arse" after ivvery other number. Nobody batted an eyelid. Tha ezto embrace the atmosphere and go with it.

Came on too late to really affect the game Ponte. Couple a decent touches but can't thinka much else. We got desperate towards end and pushed Pinnock up as centre forrad so Mowatt ed to do covering wi Dougall off pitch.
    A forgot to say Carvery edda good game, constantly pushing forrad darn wing and purrin in decent crosses but wiart Moore theear they were less dangerous.

Am boxing sum pipes in nar. Allev a read at dinnertime.
    boxing sum pipes in dunt thee gu nokkin enny nails/screws thruam Plumbers bizzy soortin Mesta Colliers tap art !! It's tecknim abart 3 years sooafar " up thi pipe " , hour anna quarta t gerroam frum Blacky , " reyt firm cheins choppas" good repoort SB

A few random thoughts from last neet--

1 The fish and chips from "The Cottage" were spot on. Enjoyed early doors in "The Bridge". Bingo session at heyf six. Sum reyt characters in theear--old school.

2 Odd atmosphere in grarnd. Both sets of fans in main stand separated by netting on seats, the other three sides completely empty apart from the press and some ball boys. Tha cud hear players sharting

3 For the first time this season we came up against a team willing and able to get in aar faces, closing us darn, quick in tackle. I believe the modern coaches / fans have latched onto the word "pressing" to describe it. Completely disrupted aar game.

4 The lack of depth in our squad showed. Those coming in to replace aar "regulars" didn't perform. Goat has got some fans whooping with joy that we ent spent owt this summer (Dougall apart) on first team additions but it showed toneet that if a couple of aar key players get injured we will not have replacements of anywhere near the same quality
    -Walton edda mare, confidence shot, shudda saved two of the goals, carried ball out of his area trying to release it early but Blackpool players stopped him, led to free kick and third goal
    -Jackson, adequate but Pool forrads were gerrrin past him second heyf
    -MaGeehan edda shocker
    - Moncur, good early on, cracking volley for goal, went AWOL second heyf
    -Isgrove, ineffective
    - Adebojo, edda one on one second heyf but fluffed it, confidence dropped from the joy of his two taps ins in first two games, showed his inexperience. Bradshaw looked lost wiart Moore up winning balls

5 Some of the mooar fickle element were sharting and booing for the first time. Stendel kept turning back to his coaches with a look of horror/ disgust on his face and his decision to withdraw Dougall was not met with pleasure. One pillak, mid twenties, ran to the touchline to what looked like try to pull Pinillos's shorts darn as he wo tekkin a throw in. Steward followed him back into crowd. A full blown feyt followed with three ejected. While mooast wo watching that Pinnock hit pooast from a corner

6 Maybe the kick in the arse that was needed. Not ivvery teeam will lay darn and be as poor as Oxford and Bradford

7 Ooam in 75 mins with a run that avoided a lot of motorway closures ovvaneet

I'm guessing Blackpool played a more direct game in the second half and nullified our system .

This is one of the major flaws with the Gegenpressen style , teams who are direct and have an effective target up top can easily bypass this system .

I take it as read that Blackpool won't be the only side at this level who will set up to play this way against us .

Saturday's starting line up at Bradford may well have put the game to bed before Blackpool got going however it's a slight concern with the energy levels required to play this counter press system that changes are going to be inevitable and there's a question mark regarding the overall quality of the squad .

I'm hopeful that Stendel recognises the slight warning signs and has some sort of plan to keep the show on the road , a plan B wouldn't go a miss .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I'm more than aware of the shortfalls of Blackpool. There's a few decent pubs around town that don't attract the stag & hen does, but they are few & far between. However, there are some really lovely towns & villages a few miles from Bloomfield Road.
    Poulton le Fylde (2 train stops from Blackpool) & Lytham are beautiful and packed with great pubs, bars, restaraunts & takeaways.
    Make a weekend of it and spoil yourselves for the league game. Both are only about a tenner in a taxi from town, or you can get the train.
    If you want to drink in Blackpool try The Saddle & Boar's Head (across the road from each other) near the Cottage chippy. They're only 10 mins walk from the ground. Or you can go to The Dunes (my local) near the airport (about 1.5 miles from the ground & does food).
    If there's a few of you though I can't recommend Poulton highly enough. The square has half a dozen top pubs with real ale & food, plus chippy, kebabs shops & burger bars, Chinese, Italian & Indian restaurants, and I think there's a couple of guest houses near the station.

On last night's game, we weren't brilliant but did show quality at times.
    I did think the attitude was good though, battling to the end when all was lost.
    First time I've seen them this season and was interested in Bradshaw's commitment. Comparing him to Winnall in his last game before he got his move was chalk & cheese. He was chasing around like a ****ager on his debut. He has the ability to get 20+ goals with the right attitude, and last night you couldn't fault his effort.
    Last edited by Hodger1957; 15-08-2018 at 05:24 PM.

A few random thoughts from last neet--

1 The fish and chips from "The Cottage" were spot on. Enjoyed early doors in "The Bridge". Bingo session at heyf six. Sum reyt characters in theear--old school.

2 Odd atmosphere in grarnd. Both sets of fans in main stand separated by netting on seats, the other three sides completely empty apart from the press and some ball boys. Tha cud hear players sharting

3 For the first time this season we came up against a team willing and able to get in aar faces, closing us darn, quick in tackle. I believe the modern coaches / fans have latched onto the word "pressing" to describe it. Completely disrupted aar game.

4 The lack of depth in our squad showed. Those coming in to replace aar "regulars" didn't perform. Goat has got some fans whooping with joy that we ent spent owt this summer (Dougall apart) on first team additions but it showed toneet that if a couple of aar key players get injured we will not have replacements of anywhere near the same quality
    -Walton edda mare, confidence shot, shudda saved two of the goals, carried ball out of his area trying to release it early but Blackpool players stopped him, led to free kick and third goal
    -Jackson, adequate but Pool forrads were gerrrin past him second heyf
    -MaGeehan edda shocker
    - Moncur, good early on, cracking volley for goal, went AWOL second heyf
    -Isgrove, ineffective
    - Adebojo, edda one on one second heyf but fluffed it, confidence dropped from the joy of his two taps ins in first two games, showed his inexperience. Bradshaw looked lost wiart Moore up winning balls

6 Maybe the kick in the arse that was needed. Not ivvery teeam will lay darn and be as poor as Oxford and Bradford

7 Ooam in 75 mins with a run that avoided a lot of motorway closures ovvaneet

Good repooart SB. A wo just sayin to ar kid earlier that defeat last neet might not be such a bad thing for this young teeum. If complacency sets in it can gu stale very quickly. Hopefully this'll show em that ivry game thaz got to gi it ivrything to get points

Good posts SB enjoyed them

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    boxing sum pipes in dunt thee gu nokkin enny nails/screws thruam Plumbers bizzy soortin Mesta Colliers tap art !! It's tecknim abart 3 years sooafar " up thi pipe " , hour anna quarta t gerroam frum Blacky , " reyt firm cheins choppas" good repoort SB
    Tha forgets a dun't live in Barnsley. Am just off Junction 22 of M62 at summit of Pennines. Easy 75 mins on motorways if thuz no hold ups.

Tommy Walsh wuntta dunna better job on them pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm guessing Blackpool played a more direct game in the second half and nullified our system .

This is one of the major flaws with the Gegenpressen style , teams who are direct and have an effective target up top can easily bypass this system .

I take it as read that Blackpool won't be the only side at this level who will set up to play this way against us .

Saturday's starting line up at Bradford may well have put the game to bed before Blackpool got going however it's a slight concern with the energy levels required to play this counter press system that changes are going to be inevitable and there's a question mark regarding the overall quality of the squad .

I'm hopeful that Stendel recognises the slight warning signs and has some sort of plan to keep the show on the road , a plan B wouldn't go a miss .
    They just got stuck in Animal rather than standing off like Oxford and Bradford. Caused our lads to hurry and make a number of mistakes. Mooar like what I had been anticipating in the Third Division. It'll be harder than sum think laikin gegenpress Setdi/ Tuesday with a thin squad if Stendel can't really trust the second choices to perform.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast