+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Middlesbrough [Carabao Cup] 14/08/18

Crawford played his part and looked composed on the ball. Most of his passes found a Notts player .

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Kids like Lonergan, Fry, Ayala, Leadbitter, McNair, Fletcher? How many millions have been spent on those players? You realise we ended the game with 4 ****agers of our own on the pitch and rested Hemmings, Dennis and Boldewijn right?

"The back 4" is the same one that was the 3rd best in the league last season too. (It wasn't actually a back 4 tonight)
    One of those "kids-journeymen" cost Boro £5 million according to Stall and Charlie.....wow

Ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post

"The back 4" is the same one that was the 3rd best in the league last season too. (It wasn't actually a back 4 tonight)
    It hasn't been a back 4 for a while, usually at least 2 don't turn up.

How many players who aren't, should be in the first 11 on that evidence? I'd say most of them. I think this will give those who started the last two league games who didn't play last night a kick up the arse, they should be worried about their place. The season starts now for me, I think we'll see a much improved Notts over the next few weeks.

How did Hawkridge play? I don't rate him at all but they did well last night by all accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    How many players who aren't, should be in the first 11 on that evidence? I'd say most of them. I think this will give those who started the last two league games who didn't play last night a kick up the arse, they should be worried about their place. The season starts now for me, I think we'll see a much improved Notts over the next few weeks.
    Be interesting to see who, if any, is dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Moreton_Pie View Post
    I think Mr Ross is spot on. I'll eat my hat if the inflated minds of the chairman, manager and the pre season pundits get it right and Notts push for promotion this season. Too much needs changing already. Closer to the trap door than promotion with that back five. Hot potato that football is back there. If you can't change the people (I can't call them footballers) change the people and FAST!

This^^^

Have already said I've got a bad feeling about this season. Ain't gonna pan out as we had hoped. Hope I'm wrong but the owd 6th sense never let me down in Nam !!!

I think Mr Ross is spot on. I'll eat my hat if the inflated minds of the chairman, manager and the pre season pundits get it right and Notts push for promotion this season. Too much needs changing already. Closer to the trap door than promotion with that back five. Hot potato that football is back there. If you can't change the people (I can't call them footballers) change the people and FAST!
    Fancy a wager on that? We finish top half, you give money to a charity chosen by me, we finish bottom half, you pick the charity?

if you want pal. I don't mind how much you got in mind a ton?

if you want pal. I don't mind how much you got in mind a ton?
    That works for me, you're on.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast