+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Middlesbrough [Carabao Cup] 14/08/18

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Well done Notts we need to play like that on again on Friday.
    That's the spirit. Were you there btw Durham?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Alright good effort tonight lads. But I think Cambridge score puts our season into perspective. We are in a real struggle.
    Piss take or drunk ?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 14-08-2018 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Quote code fixed

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Cheers.
    I still think we will come good this year. 2 games in sack Nolan etc is a joke. You cant allow a manager 18 months to build a team and 2 weeks to execute it.

If its shabby by October I'll change my mind.

I think Mr Ross is spot on. I'll eat my hat if the inflated minds of the chairman, manager and the pre season pundits get it right and Notts push for promotion this season. Too much needs changing already. Closer to the trap door than promotion with that back five. Hot potato that football is back there. If you can't change the people (I can't call them footballers) change the people and FAST!

I'd anybody was at the game I'd be interested to hear opinions on Bird (is he a viable option to start in a league game?) and Crawford, who I have never seen play but am excited about as he can cut it in non league so should be able to handle the physical side of the game, something that is not always a given with talented youngsters.

Yes and we played well for once.

Yes against in the main part kids. Journeyman would have ripped us to bits.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Yes and we played well for once.
    Was Crawford a viable alternative for the midfield spot? He looked very useful preseason, I'm wondering if this was his "Yates" moment. I think he started in the league cup for his debut, scored a goal and kicked on from there, maybe history repeating itself somewhat?

much prefer the 70s main stand song of the mist rolling in from the canal my desire is always to be there at Meadow Lane. Much have we travelled and much have we seen, we've been to Millwall it ain't very green. Surrounded by F Troop and The Halfway Line but we didn't run, cos we're THE MAIN STAND. Quality times at the Lane with a superb team and Fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Moreton_Pie View Post
    Yes against in the main part kids. Journeyman would have ripped us to bits.
    Kids like Lonergan, Fry, Ayala, Leadbitter, McNair, Fletcher? How many millions have been spent on those players? You realise we ended the game with 4 ****agers of our own on the pitch and rested Hemmings, Dennis and Boldewijn right?

"The back 4" is the same one that was the 3rd best in the league last season too. (It wasn't actually a back 4 tonight)

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast