+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I thought we were suppose to be playing an attacking style?

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    But what IS this chance you talk about, have we actually signed this guy with a view to him playing for Derby? Or is he going to doing some ball tricks during half time? I'm confused by it all, don't get me wrong and I agree with what you've said but apart from the news of the signing theres been nothing else from the club
    Oh no! Not Lars Bohinen MkII. He had all the tricks in the warm up and then promptly disappeared once the first tackle arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Plus the lad will have cost next to nowt and wont be on a huge wage. Every signing is a gamble. This is one
    that costs little and may just pay off big time.
    MA he cost £700,000 a little lad who is like lightening and very exciting to watch ( in his videos ) Voted Scunny player of the year by his fellow players and fans

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MA he cost £700,000 a little lad who is like lightening and very exciting to watch ( in his videos ) Voted Scunny player of the year by his fellow players and fans
    Misunderstanding here I think. The thread started off about Holmes. Then a link was posted about that "street footballer" we appear to have signed. My comments were about the street lad.

I think it'll just a matter of time before the partnership of Waghorn and Marriott hits pay dirt. Top scorers I doubt, but effective I think yes, especially if he plays the 2 up front. That's my beef with Karanka, he's 1 of those managers who seem unwilling to stick 2 strikers up front from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    I think it'll just a matter of time before the partnership of Waghorn and Marriott hits pay dirt. Top scorers I doubt, but effective I think yes, especially if he plays the 2 up front. That's my beef with Karanka, he's 1 of those managers who seem unwilling to stick 2 strikers up front from the start.
    He'd need to play them both at the same time to have that happen.........

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    He'd need to play them both at the same time to have that happen.........
    Dunno why this seems to be the in thing with managers, 1 main striker at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Dunno why this seems to be the in thing with managers, 1 main striker at the start.
    3 up top, 2 wingers and 1 central striker

2 up top is often a central striker and a "shadow striker" aka the #10

1 up top is.... well, just that.

The side will have an altogether better look once Curtis Davies and Tom Huddlestone return, our best defender and best passer.

If we are going to continue playing out from the back then big Tom has to play either as part of a back three or just in front. He can play long or short and has the ability to calm play down.

Davies is a cut above and I think/hope Tomori will benefit from playing along side him.

You did play in an attacking style in the 2ed half down the Den and it brought you a goal from Nugent, he might be getting on a bit but he knows how to strike a ball. You should play him most games. I'm sure you will have improved by the time of the return leg.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    You did play in an attacking style in the 2ed half down the Den and it brought you a goal from Nugent, he might be getting on a bit but he knows how to strike a ball. You should play him most games. I'm sure you will have improved by the time of the return leg.
    2 good results against 2 top sides - Boro and Derby.
    However I still think last season was a fluke and you'll struggle this season.
    But that said, my predictions are usually awry.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)