+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Possible £250k NOT into club funds???...

Possible £250k NOT into club funds???...

As a result of Celtic failing to reach the Champions League group stages.

I'll take that any day of the week. I never saw it as anything to celebrate seeing Celtic qualify for the Champions League and net £30M+ every year and therefore increase the gap between them and everyone else increase all the more. The fact they have failed to do so this year is reason enough to be pleased tonight, in my opinion of course

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post

I'll take that any day of the week. I never saw it as anything to celebrate seeing Celtic qualify for the Champions League and net £30M+ every year and therefore increase the gap between them and everyone else increase all the more. The fact they have failed to do so this year is reason enough to be pleased tonight, in my opinion of course
    Your'e right LSM. Champions League Money is ridiculous and does great harm to the game as a whole. It just perpetuates inequality. The fact that they won't be collecting such a huge sum of cash this season will make a virtually impossible task for Scots teams, of competing with them, just very very slightly easier.

Last year it was £370,000 so would have been higher again this year. Not to be sniffed at for a Club our size.

With the state of Scottish football in general at an all time low,I’m sure Livingston who have just had to give up their development squad due to costs would like ourselves and similar teams would have been grateful for the money. IMO if the season continues in the same vein for us as it has begun then it might be a long time before we are eligible for any more payouts s

Just can't hide that love for The Sevco can you?

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    Just can't hide that love for The Sevco can you?
    What's this got to do with them? Or anyone else for that matter? This about Celtic failing to qualify for the Champions League and getting £30m to further pull away from the rest of Scottish football. That is a good thing for me, even though we don't get the crumbs from their banquet.

What's this got to do with them? Or anyone else for that matter? This about Celtic failing to qualify for the Champions League and getting £30m to further pull away from the rest of Scottish football. That is a good thing for me, even though we don't get the crumbs from their banquet.
    Didn't think you'd bite the bait on that flippant jibe tbh ... but, it does make it all the more intriguing?

Celtic not making the CL is a shame for the national team in the sense there's a handful of players not getting tested at the highest level but it's a good thing for the Scottish league overall, no doubt. I'd happily give up the 370k (along with everyone else) to have a better chance of beating them in a cup.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)