+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Wigan Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Well we had a match and it it's over so I guess it's time for some post match thoughts?

We won a cup tie, gave everyone a game and Jamie Proctor bagged a brace. Can't be too bad can it?

No it can't

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Well we had a match and it it's over so I guess it's time for some post match thoughts?

We won a cup tie, gave everyone a game and Jamie Proctor bagged a brace. Can't be too bad can it?
    Great result and great news about Proctor's comeback. Seems so strange to be considering who we might get in the next round of a cup competition. Almost forgotten what it's like...
    We've lasted longer in the competition than the Blades!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 14-08-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Hurray through to round 2...er...What happens next?

All cds played well. Ajayi did ok in cm and scored a nice goal. Good goals from procs who is about 70%fit i would say. If we can get him firing on all cylinders our forward line will be decent for the champ. Not much from the wings as per and still crying out for an attacking and defensive cm. Over to you Mr Stewart for that one...

Price = Did what he had to do, decent kicking, could do nowt about their goal.

Vyner = looked decent to me, solid.

Robertson = Assured until the last twenty

Raggett = See above

Jones = solid

Ajayi = Great header for the goal, he aint a midfielder

Wiles = Showed composure and a decent touch, got promise, he was having to mop up positions that Ajayi and Williams wernt at times....

Williams = Positionally not great in midfield, but he's an asset with good skills and engine, needs to play, inmy opinion

Forde = I like him, but i think he's limited in the championship, he was up against a very good fullback though, but he's predictable.

Ball = Out of position, hardly touched the ball until the second half when put in his preferred position,

Proctor = Looked leggy, i suppose he would, but he's an handfull for any centre back when the ball is played upto him, and grew into the game and deserved his goals, made up for him.

All in all a decent run out and always nice to win isn't it.

A good win, a good run out for the fringe players but it sounds as though our frailties in the defensive aspects of midfield run throughout everything the club does on the pitch.

Nice to see Proctor’s rehab continue.

Hull next then

So no one to challenge for a starting place v Leeds, instead of a Vaulks - Palmer partnership ??

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    So no one to challenge for a starting place v Leeds, instead of a Vaulks - Palmer partnership ??
    I think Wiles could be a really good player you know, there's no reason he can't challenge either of those two, on tonights showing, he played well tonight in spite of covering his two midfield partners who don't play that position and often were out of position.

Agreed re wiles. We might, at long last, have developed our own really good player. Touch wood.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast