+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rondon

I'd like to see him start on Saturday...I think the ball will stick much better than it does with Joselu. I'd also like to see Muto start instead of the hard-working-but-shite Perez.

Neither will happen, though.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Not really what supporters of your NEW club want to hear. They don't know theyre born these buggers, no wonder they get the stick they do! Maybe he should engage the brain before his gob!
    But supporters (or some will) of his new club will also have children, they will also have had positions where they had to uproot family and that will have cause problems for his children. Hence i can understand that.

I'm agreeing with you for the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I'd like to see him start on Saturday...I think the ball will stick much better than it does with Joselu. I'd also like to see Muto start instead of the hard-working-but-shite Perez.

Neither will happen, though.
    Joselu scored, so i reckon that almost guarantees him the start. Reckon Muto will get longer this game though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    Saying how hard it is to settle in new area , kids etc ,

Must be a nightmare having to put your kids in private school , driven there in a £100k Range Rover , renting a £10000 a month house , earning £60-£80k a week minimum for kicking a ball around .

Get a grip son.
    Too true - these days the club run around after them and their family´s every need. They want to try moving to a new country on their own with a language they don´t speak and no assistance like I did when I was 22. No internet or mobiles in those days either. Today it´s very easy to move away from your home, friends and family compared to back then.

Anyway the bug*er's moved from Birmingham, not Venezuela.

As much as I agree with the "get on with it, you're paid a fortune" part, he's human and any person moving home just to another part of town is a stress and even changing schools in that town, then settling in to that area.

Moving into a totally different city that's a few hours away from your known comfort will take a bit of getting used to, whether you've got 800 billion or 10 pence.

The stress of knowing your kids will be way out of their initial comfort zone will destroy any parent. Any parent on here will testify to that.

That's not sticking up for Rondon, it's merely an observation of life for any person.
    But just like anything...Army, jail, in extremes...most get used to it as long as the transition is not fraught with any major issues in settling.

He's also on loan so it's not like he can settle in and ease up in the knowledge that he's got a long term home and school for his kids.

All we have to hope for is that he settles in quickly and starts to feel the love and affiliation, then we might just see the Rondon that actually promised much more than he's delivered elsewhere.

All I can say is, the Rondon I saw in the better times was a major nuisance to defenders, so add a few goals to that and we could be cooking on gas...even if it's just a camping stove.

so hes played in Venezuela spain russia and hes wittering about moving a couple of hundred miles ?

of course it's difficult for kids

however

1 look around newcastle, the coast and northumberland ..... they will wonder why they didn't get here sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    of course it's difficult for kids

however

1 look around newcastle, the coast and northumberland ..... they will wonder why they didn't get here sooner.
    Fair shout.

I do love the country side up there June.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    As much as I agree with the "get on with it, you're paid a fortune" part, he's human and any person moving home just to another part of town is a stress and even changing schools in that town, then settling in to that area.

Moving into a totally different city that's a few hours away from your known comfort will take a bit of getting used to, whether you've got 800 billion or 10 pence.

The stress of knowing your kids will be way out of their initial comfort zone will destroy any parent. Any parent on here will testify to that.

That's not sticking up for Rondon, it's merely an observation of life for any person.
    But just like anything...Army, jail, in extremes...most get used to it as long as the transition is not fraught with any major issues in settling.

He's also on loan so it's not like he can settle in and ease up in the knowledge that he's got a long term home and school for his kids.

All we have to hope for is that he settles in quickly and starts to feel the love and affiliation, then we might just see the Rondon that actually promised much more than he's delivered elsewhere.

All I can say is, the Rondon I saw in the better times was a major nuisance to defenders, so add a few goals to that and we could be cooking on gas...even if it's just a camping stove.
    With a 0.22 average goal rate , 24 goals in 94 games for wba can't even see cooking on a camping stove .. More like trying to boil a pan of water with a bic fag lighter underneath it.
    Be interesting to see how much each of those goals cost wba. Including transfers and wages and bonus.

To save you looking I did a bit research .. If wiki is classed as research .
    £12m transfer + annual wages of £3.2m ish ... £21.6 .. £900000 per goal .. Plus bonuses.. So about £1m a goal .. Cracking value .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)