+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How good are we

How good are we

Are Wycombe and Scunny poor or do we make them look poor apart from the first half at Southend we have looked good. I know one swallow does not make a summer but things are looking up at the moment

It is certainly a better start to the season than I had expected. And much better than last season, when we only won one of our first eight league matches. In know there are still another 44 league matches to go, but it is a very promising start. Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelongrover View Post
    Are Wycombe and Scunny poor or do we make them look poor apart from the first half at Southend we have looked good. I know one swallow does not make a summer but things are looking up at the moment
    We'll know the answer to that when our backs are up against the wall (we've not yet gone behind in a match). For the moment, everything seems to be going our way (particularly so in the first half at Southend), so let's just bask in the sunshine while it lasts and enjoy the attacking spirit which has trebled the number of goals I was expecting to see in the first 3 matches. Fortune favours the brave...

There is no denying that McCann has totally revolutionised this team. I think we will beat Burton and Shrewsbury. And that could give us 5 wins in a row. The first tests will come against Portsmouth and Peterborough. I will judge a lot from those games. Beat both and I think we will be real contenders for promotion, draw both and we are contenders for the playoffs, and lose both and we should still be top half potential.

As we say, there is a long way to go and we still can get injuries, and the other issue may be the number of yellow cards we are picking up. It's great to see us have a ruthless winning mentality.

So far we have exceeded my expectations. Long may it last.

Trust me to say I thought we would beat Burton and Shrewsbury. I ought to know as soon as I let optimism take over from realism Rovers will punish me. That's the sort of team we are, failing to beat clubs at the bottom of the table. A loss to Peterborough will sink us into a mid-table position which is where I now suspect will be our new home.

So following your latest statement SilverTop, I now expect us to win at Peterborough on Saturday