+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulis

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    Interesting. You've done some research there, Al, which is very enlightening.
    If accurate, it would be quite enough to ruin the reputation of a prominent name in the Club's history, but it would also turn many people against our Club forever. In this respect I'm obviously hoping it's not true.
    If it's not accurate, however, you might have JP's Solicitor's letter through the post. (I'd just check it out fully if I was you).

Let us know when you get the full 100% story.

No one would know the full story except Peace, Jenkins and the Accountant, and not saying anything is not above board. As Mick most likely would tell you, anybody within reason can bury whatever they want in accounts. Any shareholder can also move around whatever they wish to save on corporation tax and personal taxes that may be due within reason. Amazon are masters at this.

So in summary - the dividend was drawn and moved around which is obvious. As to who pocketed this dividend, the answer lies within who was the largest shareholder. You could also say the dividend was not pocketed directly in one hand, but a transaction in another hand could have cancelled this out.

Blood knows his facts and certainly switched on. As to Peace having a ruined reputation - why? I am sure, everything was above board with moving transactions around as he's a shrewd guy. The fact is - he milked the club with as much as he could and it's a wonder the slates on the East Stand were not taken too.
    Last edited by baggieal; 16-08-2018 at 09:11 AM.

I'm largely accountancy illiterate. X comes in and Y goes out, this I can understand.

But just when I think I'm getting the hang of a financial report I stumble across values that are written down or boosted by seemingly intangible, largely unfathomable and fantastical mathematical formulas. This is usually the point where I lose my way because this is where I lose interest. Amortisation this and depreciation that. To an untrained financial eye such as my own they may as well pluck half of their figures out of the air.

What I really don't grasp though is how someone can allegedly make £27,000,000 (or whatever the amount is) disappear into thin air as though it never existed. Just move it from company A to company B and essentially pretend it doesn't count before trousering the lot. It really is a big fk off chunk of cash. All of this without either the taxman or Shareholders 4 Albion's former spokesman Neil Reynolds (and former associates) copping wind, questioning where it's all gone and wanting to know where their slice of the pie is.

JP repeatedly publicised us as a financially stable and well run club which reported marginal operating profits over a period of time. Our incomings and outgoings would have been noted with interest by the powers that be. The taxman is a hungry beast with an insatiable appetite and a nose for blood. If they were expecting a cut of anything (be it from the club or JP) and it suddenly disappeared into the ether I think they’d have something to say. Further to this if there was any way of wagging a sh itty finger in JP’s general direction regarding financial irregularities, I’d imagine Mr Reynolds would be winging his way to the financial ombudsman via the nearest news reporter. Yet to my knowledge neither have raised an eyebrow in relation to JP’s ‘secret dividend’.

I’m quietly relieved I haven’t got a clue what’s going on and I’m not going to even try and understand it for now. I just hope all is well with West Bromwich Albion and JP gets his just desserts if he turns out to be a thieving two hat after all.
    Last edited by Albionic68; 16-08-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Name:  Polar bear.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  93.0 KB

Leave the Guy alone. He'll get Boro promoted because he's such a lousy manager.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    No one would know the full story except Peace, Jenkins and the Accountant, and not saying anything is not above board. As Mick most likely would tell you, anybody within reason can bury whatever they want in accounts. Any shareholder can also move around whatever they wish to save on corporation tax and personal taxes that may be due within reason. Amazon are masters at this.

So in summary - the dividend was drawn and moved around which is obvious. As to who pocketed this dividend, the answer lies within who was the largest shareholder. You could also say the dividend was not pocketed directly in one hand, but a transaction in another hand could have cancelled this out.

Blood knows his facts and certainly switched on. As to Peace having a ruined reputation - why? I am sure, everything was above board with moving transactions around as he's a shrewd guy. The fact is - he milked the club with as much as he could and it's a wonder the slates on the East Stand were not taken too.

I am absolutely dumbfounded by what I have just read, this coming from someone who clearly advised us all a short while back that he ran THREE Companies, and was completely in tune with Company Accounts.Is there anything you want to amend in your previous posts?

Take a look at the following two articles that I have seen and copied here for your benefit.It concerns how money can be taken out of a Private Company Limited by Shares.

1) In private companies the practice varies widely. If the company is making profits there are essentially two ways in which those profits can be paid over to the people who own and run the company. One is for the directors (or others, e.g. family members) to be paid salaries or fees for the work they have done for the company. Such salaries or fees will be employment income for the recipient and must usually be taxed under the PAYE system, with the company deducting tax at source. Both the company and the director will also be liable to make National Insurance contributions. The other way of taking money out of the company is for the company to pay dividends. These are paid to shareholders (rather than directors) and (unless the company has special articles) must be paid in accordance with the rights of the respective shareholders. Dividends are taxable as investment income in the shareholders' hands. The tax rates for dividends are generally lower than for other sources of income.

2) Dividends
    A dividend is a payment a company can make to shareholders if it has made a profit.

You cannot count dividends as business costs when you work out your Corporation Tax.

Your company must not pay out more in dividends than its available profits from current and previous financial years.

You must usually pay dividends to all shareholders.

To pay a dividend, you must:

hold a directors’ meeting to ‘declare’ the dividend
    keep minutes of the meeting, even if you’re the only director
    Dividend paperwork
    For each dividend payment the company makes, you must write up a dividend voucher showing the:

date
    company name
    names of the shareholders being paid a dividend
    amount of the dividend
    You must give a copy of the voucher to recipients of the dividend and keep a copy for your company’s records.

Tax on dividends
    Your company does not need to pay tax on dividend payments. But shareholders may have to pay Income Tax if they’re over £2,000.

Now, baggieal, having read the above, again is there anything that you would like to amend in your previous posts? May I also draw your attention to the following extract of the rules of posting on FootyMad.

" Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, indecent, infringe copyright or other rights of third parties or which contain any other form of illegal content;"

talkSAFT:

For your information have a look at post 27 on the thread "In defence of Big Dave"

Folks, I rest my case, no more from me except to say you either agree with baggieal and others, that Jeremy Peace "lifted" £27 million from our club, or you think, like me, that just because they have a distinct hatred of Jeremy Peace they try to blacken his name. Conclusion, Jeremy Peace DID NOT receive the aforesaid £27 million dividend.

My apologies for helping to take this off topic, but it had to be said.

Makes me laugh that he starts his post with

"no one knows the full story"

and then goes on to condemn Peace with a certainty that he took the millions. How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Makes me laugh that he starts his post with

"no one knows the full story"

and then goes on to condemn Peace with a certainty that he took the millions. How does that work?

For accuracy, nobody knows the full story of the ins and outs of why expenditure,transactions get posted where, or indeed to another group company except for the shareholder/s and their Accountant. That's what was meant although this was obvious!

Mr Peace was the major shareholder of everything to do with West Brom FC in terms of incomings and outgoings of financial expenditure. It's pretty obvious that Baggie Bird did not pocket the 27 million

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    I am absolutely dumbfounded by what I have just read, this coming from someone who clearly advised us all a short while back that he ran THREE Companies, and was completely in tune with Company Accounts.Is there anything you want to amend in your previous posts?

Take a look at the following two articles that I have seen and copied here for your benefit.It concerns how money can be taken out of a Private Company Limited by Shares.

1) In private companies the practice varies widely. If the company is making profits there are essentially two ways in which those profits can be paid over to the people who own and run the company. One is for the directors (or others, e.g. family members) to be paid salaries or fees for the work they have done for the company. Such salaries or fees will be employment income for the recipient and must usually be taxed under the PAYE system, with the company deducting tax at source. Both the company and the director will also be liable to make National Insurance contributions. The other way of taking money out of the company is for the company to pay dividends. These are paid to shareholders (rather than directors) and (unless the company has special articles) must be paid in accordance with the rights of the respective shareholders. Dividends are taxable as investment income in the shareholders' hands. The tax rates for dividends are generally lower than for other sources of income.

2) Dividends
    A dividend is a payment a company can make to shareholders if it has made a profit.

You cannot count dividends as business costs when you work out your Corporation Tax.

Your company must not pay out more in dividends than its available profits from current and previous financial years.

You must usually pay dividends to all shareholders.

To pay a dividend, you must:

hold a directors’ meeting to ‘declare’ the dividend
    keep minutes of the meeting, even if you’re the only director
    Dividend paperwork
    For each dividend payment the company makes, you must write up a dividend voucher showing the:

date
    company name
    names of the shareholders being paid a dividend
    amount of the dividend
    You must give a copy of the voucher to recipients of the dividend and keep a copy for your company’s records.

Tax on dividends
    Your company does not need to pay tax on dividend payments. But shareholders may have to pay Income Tax if they’re over £2,000.

Now, baggieal, having read the above, again is there anything that you would like to amend in your previous posts? May I also draw your attention to the following extract of the rules of posting on FootyMad.

" Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, indecent, infringe copyright or other rights of third parties or which contain any other form of illegal content;"

talkSAFT:

For your information have a look at post 27 on the thread "In defence of Big Dave"

Folks, I rest my case, no more from me except to say you either agree with baggieal and others, that Jeremy Peace "lifted" £27 million from our club, or you think, like me, that just because they have a distinct hatred of Jeremy Peace they try to blacken his name. Conclusion, Jeremy Peace DID NOT receive the aforesaid £27 million dividend.

My apologies for helping to take this off topic, but it had to be said.

Clearly, you are not an Accountant as your information is evidently cut and pasted from a financial source. Bit like your past dodgy stats about a certain Mr Pulis.

So you know 100% Peace did not receive this dividend do you through any counter transaction to balance this out? Clearly, you are not the Accountant, so you must be Mark Jenkins then

My dislike for Peace is because, I love West Brom ( and go to the games ) and he absolutely raped the club out of sheer greed and there was a clear exit strategy months and months, if not years before he left with under investment mainly in the squad!

Perhaps, you like Mr Peace because your family like West Brom and as you don't go to the games, you have taken a fancy to Mr Peace's sheepskin coat! Nice isn't it!

PS - West Brom won at Norwich 4-3 - that's 7 goals for "accountancy accuracy"

Ignore the moron Al, it is abundantly clear that the majority shareholder (the c???) had 92% (along with his sister) of the shares and therefore he took at least 92% of the dividends.

I wouldn't be surprised if the shares in the company had different categories of shares giving differing voting and dividend rights.

He acquired the shares of fans who saved the club in its hour of need in the mid 90's by concocting one scheme after another to acquire them for the least amount of money.

Those 8% of shareholdeds who still have their shares stood firm to his bullying tactics and I doubt very much that they got 8% of the 27m dividend.

But, for the sake of clarity the c??? Took at least 92% of 27m.

It can be argued the money was moved there and here but, it cannot be argued who would take the dividend, THE SHAREHOLDER.

QUOTE=BaggieBlood;38983444]Ignore the moron Al, it is abundantly clear that the majority shareholder (the c???) had 92% (along with his sister) of the shares and therefore he took at least 92% of the dividends.

I wouldn't be surprised if the shares in the company had different categories of shares giving differing voting and dividend rights.

He acquired the shares of fans who saved the club in its hour of need in the mid 90's by concocting one scheme after another to acquire them for the least amount of money.

Those 8% of shareholdeds who still have their shares stood firm to his bullying tactics and I doubt very much that they got 8% of the 27m dividend.

But, for the sake of clarity the c??? Took at least 92% of 27m.

It can be argued the money was moved there and here but, it cannot be argued who would take the dividend, THE SHAREHOLDER.[/QUOTE]

Ah, his henchman has arrived on the scene!

Question and Answer time, I think.

Q1 What was the name of the Company that paid these interim dividends during year ended 30/6/2016?

A1 West Bromwich Albion Football Club Ltd.

Q2 To whom was the payment made?

A2 To the Shareholders of the Company

Q3 Who were the Shares held by?

A3 There were two shares issued, both in the name of West Bromwich Albion Group Ltd.

Q4 Was Jeremy Peace a Director of this Company (WBA Group Ltd) ?

A4 He had been up until his resignation in 2013, so had no way of controlling the day to day running in 2016.

Q5 How could funds be taken from WBA Group Ltd?

A5 Either by salary payments to directors,subject to PAYE and NI, or by the Directors recommending a dividend to Shareholders.

Q6 Did the Directors of WBA Group Ltd recommend the payment of a dividend.

A6 No, so none of the Shareholders, either small or large holdings, received any payment

Do I need to go on?

I thought you had said your goodbyes a few times before basher Bob, and found a more accommodating forum to advocate your unique "support" of the Albion.

However, as you sjokie cannot get it into your thick skull, here it is for the ump****th time.

Just Because the c??? Had resigned as a director in 2013, doesn't mean he wasn't a shareholder still.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A DIRECTOR AND A SHAREHOLDER OR VICE VERSA.

Currently the person of significant Control is lai, but upto the takeover it would have been the c??? (peace, not you BTW).

THE DIVIDENDS GO TO THE SHAREHOLDERS OF A COMPANY, NOT TO THE TOOTH FAIRY.

I REPEAT THE DIVIDEND GOES TO THE SHAREHOLDERS (the c???, his sister and 8% small shareholders).

NOBODY ELSE CAN HAVE THE DIVIDEND IT IS NOT A DISCRETIONARY GIFT OR SALARY OR ANY OTHER REMUNERATION.

IT IS A "SHAREHOLDER" DIVIDEND.

"DIVIDEND" ARE FOR "SHAREHOLDERS" .

THE ACCOUNTS I REFERRED TO ON HERE MONTHS AGO ARE CLEAR THAT THE DIVIDEND OF £27m WAS PAID.

YOU GUESSED It, SHAREHOLDERS GET THE DIVIDENDS IF YOU HAD MISSED THAT POINT Again, AND NOT A RANDOM PASSERS-BY.

100% - 8% = 92%.

92% OF THE WBA SHAREHOLDING WAS HELD BY THE C??? AND THEREFORE HE GOT AT LEAST 92% OF THE £27M.

You know you slag Al and I off on Dingle mad when you a rse lick the fan on there and then come on here to get a rise and then cry away after lodging complaints and trying to get bans.

If you don't know about accounting then it is best left to those who do, but in the meantime feel free to write to the greedy c???, and apparently life long wba fan (just like you, ha, ha) and tell him he is the subject of libelous mass debate (your favourite hobby) on here, maybe he'll mass debate with you, maybe write Beckenbauer too and make it a threesome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)