+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agents fees

Agents fees

Found this article and table showing we paid the least in agents fees per point earned last year £60k compared to Chelsea who spent 6 times more.

Burnley’s run to Europa League qualification surprised many, but it was not due to agent spending, with the North West club spending just £3,299,917 on agents – an average of £61,109 per point, the lowest in the league.
    Only Huddersfield spent less overall.

At the other end
    Chelsea were the worst culprits, spending £25,143,786 on agents despite finishing outside the top 4 – which equated to £359,196 per point. Their total spend was second only to Liverpool’s £26,793,503, but the Reds’ investment was enough to secure fourth spot, with £357,246 per point.

http://theboyhotspur.com/only-man-ut...s-last-season/

Well done Dave Baldwin!

Makes you think though, the amount we paid to agents was more than 50% of what we took at the gate. So every time you pay to go on Turf Moor, you can rest content in knowing that more than half of what you pay goes into funding an agent's lavish lifestyle.

At least if you think like that, it stops you getting annoyed that your money is going to super-rich, pampered players. So better to get annoyed at agents, than at our overpaid superstars out on the pitch, they need our support.

I discussed agents once with Brian Laws, he hated them!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Makes you think though, the amount we paid to agents was more than 50% of what we took at the gate. So every time you pay to go on Turf Moor, you can rest content in knowing that more than half of what you pay goes into funding an agent's lavish lifestyle.

At least if you think like that, it stops you getting annoyed that your money is going to super-rich, pampered players. So better to get annoyed at agents, than at our overpaid superstars out on the pitch, they need our support.
    Our overpaid players?. Not for the PL Sinkov.

Are you even hinting that Mard Arse Wood is not worth £40k a week sinkov?

The penny dropped with me when I saw Brian Easton's personalised BMW in the car park quite a few years ago now. I've seen better players in non league, but he could afford a car like that.

Summat not reyt here, I thought to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Our overpaid players?. Not for the PL Sinkov.
    I'll tell you what OC, ask any of the 20,000 fans who will be on Turf Moor on Sunday if they would accept as a wage just 50% of what our worst paid player gets. Outside of the Directors Box I doubt you'll find one single person who wouldn't snatch your hand off.

They're earning more in a week than most fans will earn in a year. That's overpaid.

I agree sinkov, however, the reality is that we are paying under the odds for the PL and it is not the players' fault that they wnat to get as much as they can. Agents are a different thing altogether and are ust intent on lining their own pockets on the back of other peoples' talents --whether it be football ot entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'll tell you what OC, ask any of the 20,000 fans who will be on Turf Moor on Sunday if they would accept as a wage just 50% of what our worst paid player gets. Outside of the Directors Box I doubt you'll find one single person who wouldn't snatch your hand off.

They're earning more in a week than most fans will earn in a year. That's overpaid.
    But you forget the theory of relativity and we are relatively poor payers even for many Championship sides.

Not sure who is judged worst, but just to show you are not entirely correct our lowest paid is Aygei on £700 a week

Are you Bob Lord in disguise lol! Give em £25 a week all of em.

Supersub is spot on except agents are simply parasites who play to no rules of business. Get an offer then they try to gazump.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 15-08-2018 at 10:16 PM.

I was talking about the players the fans will be paying to see OC, those out on the pitch. All of them earning more money than they can spend, you could cut their pay by 50% and they could still fund a lavish life style, way beyond the dreams of ordinary people. I'm not blaming the players, I know they're not overpaid by PL standards, I know they're not parasites like agents, but by real world standards, where 99% of us have to live, they're being paid ludicrous amounts of money.

Just a fact

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)