+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for Friday

Team for Friday

Need to keep the passing and movement going. Starter for 10, or rather 11

Fitzsimons

Hewitt Duffy Brisley

Tootle Husin Vaughan Crawford Kellett

Boldewijn 1 of Dennis/Hemmings/Stead

No long ball, lots of interchanging of positions, quick movement, shoot on sight!

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post
    Need to keep the passing and movement going. Starter for 10, or rather 11

Fitzsimons

Hewitt Duffy Brisley

Tootle Husin Vaughan Crawford Kellett

Boldewijn 1 of Dennis/Hemmings/Stead

No long ball, lots of interchanging of positions, quick movement, shoot on sight!
    I agree but I'd swap Hewitt for Bird and have bird in the middle. Hewitt just can't defend, look at their third goal last night, had Hewitt been strong and tackled him up the pitch, the threat goes away.

Also hope we get a new goalie in for Friday but I'd say it'll be Fitzsimons in net

It's a really tough one for Nolo. We have a few decent options for midfield but he can't play similar players together like Vaughan and Husin. TBH I would currently pick Husin over Vaughan, maybe stick kellett in there with him. Dennis and Hemmings have to start as does Enzio. We have no real replacement for Jones and I would probably pick Bird over Brisley who appears to have regressed somewhat.

So . . .

Fitz
    Toots Duffy Bird Jones
    Husin
    Enzio Thomas
    Kellett
    Hemmings Dennis

We will get . . .

Fitz
    Toots Duffy Brisley Jones
    Enzio Hewitt Vaughan Thomas
    Hemmings Stead

Just a thought, Stead will be knacked and Dennis might be fit which might be why he played Stead last night.

I would think Kellet in for Jones and Dennis in for Stead. Unfortunately we are very limited for central defence.
    We conceded 4 against Coventry, Derby and Leicester, 3 against Cambridge and 'Borough and 2 at Luton not good reading.

I think Dennis for Stead is nailed on with Dennis not even in the squad and Stead playing 90.

I would be surprised to see Kellet in a defensive role unless necessary, all his pre-season interviews alluded to him being played out-wide or in the number '10' role.

It wouldn't surprise me to see us move to a 4-2-3-1 over the next few games, giving the back 4 greater cover from the central midfield pair and freeing up the attacking players of their defensive responsibilities.

Think the team will be;

Flapper
    Tootle Hewitt Duffy Jones
    Thomas Vaughan Kellet Enzio
    Dennis Hemmings

To be fair the tactics should be to play Enzio on the right and tell him to tear Dickinson a new one.

Season starts here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    I think Dennis for Stead is nailed on with Dennis not even in the squad and Stead playing 90.

I would be surprised to see Kellet in a defensive role unless necessary, all his pre-season interviews alluded to him being played out-wide or in the number '10' role.

It wouldn't surprise me to see us move to a 4-2-3-1 over the next few games, giving the back 4 greater cover from the central midfield pair and freeing up the attacking players of their defensive responsibilities.

I'd swap Duffy for...... well anyone really

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I remember his uncle Wayne playing for Notts and he seemed a decent keeper? Anyone know if this is a genetic thing and if he's a decent keeper?

................Fitzsimons.............

.........Tootle.....Duffy...Brisley.....Bird .........................

.......Boldwijn....Vaughan...Husin....Kellett ..........

...............Dennis.....Hemmings.......

Subs,

Thomas
    Stead
    Jones
    Crawford
    Hall (if fit)
    Allessandra
    GK ?