+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT - Omagh 20 years on

Not having a go at anyone in my piece. Merely saying that, if what happened was illegal, either by the IRA/UDA etc or by the armed forces, then either both "crimes" should be investigated or neither and that any clause pardoning anything done by the terrorists should be dependent on the same applying to soldiers who were merely following (illegal) orders.

That raises a big question. The Iraq War was an illegal war. Should we prosecute all the soldiers from all of the countries who fought there or should we prosecute the dirty politicians who sent them there? My vote would go to the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Oh dear! Photoshopped pics of him with terrorists. Reports of him laying a wreath on the graves of Munich terrorists in Tunisia.......... when all 8 of them are buried in Libya....

Facts will never comnvince some people that Corbyn isn't the terrorists best friend.
    The article wasn't about laying a wreath at the graves though was it? It was about laying a wreath near to a memorial to the Munich terrorists.

If you're going to be clever about facts, then I suggest you get your facts correct. That's according to the Independent, I don't want you to think I read the Daily Mail.
    Last edited by Ram59; 16-08-2018 at 12:12 PM.

What article are you referring to Ram59? I was not referring to the Mail, Independent, Express or any other UK "news" paper.

There was a post in this thread slating Corbyn. I mentioned the photoshopped picture of him with IRA members, at a funeral I think it was. That same photo keeps getting reposted online by people either to stupid to know it's a fake or who don't care because it fits their agenda. Seen it half a dozen times this year alone. That is why I mentioned the photo.

Tunisia? All manner of reports on that all over the place. Some mentioning wreath laying for the Munich terrorists at their graves. Their graves are in Libya. Others mentioning a nearby memorial to them. He was not at that memorial.

He was there for a wreath laying ceremony for people killed by an Israeli air strike. Although at the ceremony, it appears he didn't actually lay a wreath himself. The Israeli air strike was was condemned by the British government of the time, condemned by Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, condemned by the US government, condemned by the UN Security Council.

The Labour leader himself has said the ceremony in Tunis was for Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) victims of an Israeli air strike (one roundly condemned by just about everyone at the time as written earlier in this post) and that it had nothing to do with honouring terrorists. Just maybe he was telling the truth......

There is a withchunt and Corbyn is the hunted one. If he says hello to someone and there is a pub 50 yards down the road, that does not necessarily mean he was on a piss up with said person......... unless that is what you want to believe it to be so.

Now, when I wrote the post you quoted, nobody on here had mentioned any particular article in any particular publication, be that hard copy or online. If there was anything at all in that post which suggested you read the Daily Fail then I apologise. However, I don't think I will need to apologise as the only two posters prior to mine in this thread were from Romanis and Tricky. They didn't mention newspapers. You only joined in later so I am at a loss to comprehend just how you think I got a fact wrong. All I did was refer to two things which Corbyn has been accused of both in hard copy and online which are absolutely NOT true........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)