+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens v St Johnstone

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Surprised that there were 280 odd less Queens fans in attendance today than last week v the Arabs
    I didn't believe that in the same way I didn't think there were 1690 last week.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    We didnt get the result but what a fantastic shift the players put in! Best team lost imo

Doyle was immense at centre half and carrying a knock for most of the game. Would go as far as saying it was the best centre half performance iv seen in years!

Interesting the lack of subs in the 90. Clearly the manager doesn't rate what he has at his disposal in this department and he would probably be right.
    I think Doyle has to continue there . Stirling has some real ability as well . Bit gutted but the team did do well. We were visibly tiring and the boss didnt think any of his bench could improve matters . Hope Hewittson was taking note.

Yeah agree, after that performance I would keep Doyle at centre half, no question. Fordyce was starting to frustrate a bit anyway, looking increasingly shakey plus with his annoying habit of just lumping the ball up front.

Stirling had a fantastic game. Very unlucky with his shot.

Dykes was nearly on his knees towards the latter stages with the rest of the team heavily fatigued and sitting in deep.

Wonder if it was a message to the BOD by not putting any subs on in the 90? We are at least two players short not just for squad depth but for some healthy competition as well.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    We didnt get the result but what a fantastic shift the players put in! Best team lost imo

Doyle was immense at centre half and carrying a knock for most of the game. Would go as far as saying it was the best centre half performance iv seen in years!

Interesting the lack of subs in the 90. Clearly the manager doesn't rate what he has at his disposal in this department and he would probably be right.
    Doyle had a fine game considering he was carrying an injury and that probably contributed to the 4th goal Thought Semple was also outstanding at CB. The team were all a credit and Dykes goal was as good as you will see anywhere this year. Pity we lost another 2 goals due o a bit of showboating and throwing a ball to an opponent. We should take heart from this display but I am concerned the injuries we picked up will highlight the weakness in the players available to us.

I found it a little strange, not to mention disappointing that so many decided to leave after Saints scores their second. Yes, it was odds on that they would go on and add to that but.......
    Saints were there for the taking, had Stirling’s excellent effort went in, then who knows, but I fear that the game as a whole will be a reflection on the season ahead.
    Dykes on more than one occasion should have tried for a goal, but instead sought out Dobbie, and as commented elsewhere, he was looking really tired well before the end of the ninety minutes. Thought they were full time professionals?
    Progress and some financial gain could have been achieved, but once again it was not to be.
    Problems? Yes. Solutions? None that are obvious.

We got punished severely for Harkins attempted showboat pass with his heel . Saints went straight up the park and scored . He will always try these things , doing so throughout his whole career.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 19-08-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I didn't believe that in the same way I didn't think there were 1690 last week.
    For the second week running will there be an admission that the figures are wrong - if not nearly 300 less Queens fans in attendance is a lot of money lost and even at this early stage of the season worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    For the second week running will there be an admission that the figures are wrong - if not nearly 300 less Queens fans in attendance is a lot of money lost and even at this early stage of the season worrying.
    If there were 300 less then I dont know what part of the ground from as it looked about the same as last week.

There were definitely considerably fewer Queens fans than against Dundee Utd, - and the simple reason for that is that season tickets holders would have to pay to watch.

With regards to the game I thought Queens were superb and Doyle and Stirling were quite outstanding. To be the better team at the end of the 90 minutes is something we should all be proud of.

Harkins played a great game, - but only he will know why he attempted the crazy show-boat pass at 1-1 in extra time, - when a simple chip might have placed the ball on the head of a Queens forward. As we all know, - that rush of blood led to the Saints second goal, - which was rapidly followed by the crazy throw in which was gratefully accepted and the match was over as a contest.

Clearly, Queens require two or three squad players who can help the club when injuries and suspensions inevitably strike, because the bench held no threat whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    There were definitely considerably fewer Queens fans than against Dundee Utd, - and the simple reason for that is that season tickets holders would have to pay to watch.

With regards to the game I thought Queens were superb and Doyle and Stirling were quite outstanding. To be the better team at the end of the 90 minutes is something we should all be proud of.

Harkins played a great game, - but only he will know why he attempted the crazy show-boat pass at 1-1 in extra time, - when a simple chip might have placed the ball on the head of a Queens forward. As we all know, - that rush of blood led to the Saints second goal, - which was rapidly followed by the crazy throw in which was gratefully accepted and the match was over as a contest.

Clearly, Queens require two or three squad players who can help the club when injuries and suspensions inevitably strike, because the bench held no threat whatsoever.
    I agree that it was probably missing season ticket holders which were responsible for the lower crowd but why they cannot fork out for a cup game against higher league opposition I will never know as it certainly did not cross my mind at any stage. Thought Queens were excellent and can hold their heads high after that performance but as also pointed out they did just begin to tire in extra time and with such a weak bench could not make telling substitutions when it was really required. Needs to be addressed as we have all commented upon over the last few weeks.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)