+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis Ferguson Tribunal

Lewis Ferguson Tribunal

I see the Hamilton Chairman is now saying they valued Ferguson as £1.2 Million

Hamilton Academical chairman Ronnie MacDonald says that, if a forthcoming tribunal lets Aberdeen sign Lewis Ferguson on the cheap, it will make him question the value of investing in their football academy. The Dons have offered only £100,000 for the 18-year-old midfielder while Accies value him at the £1.2m they receive from Wigan Athletic for James McCarthy in 2009.
    Even comparing to James McCarthy, he had played 95 games for Hamilton, scoring 13 goals, compared to Lewis Ferguson's 13 and 0
    McCarthy also spent his whole youth at Hamilton, whilst Ferguson looks to have been about 4 years in Hamilton's youth set up
    McCarthy made his debut at Hamilton at 15, whilst Ferguson was 18.
    McCarthy was also not out of contract, unlike Ferguson.

There's a formula in place I think, so it will be interesting to see what the result is

How dare Hamilton attempt to influence the value that they receive as compensation.

If its 1.2m do we get the option of giving him back

Shocking tactics by Hamilton. Trying to get more money for one of their youth players...cheeky bastards.

How dare they treat one of the establishment clubs like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    If its 1.2m do we get the option of giving him back
    Its not going to be £1.2M.
    Its Showmanship, thats all.
    If they valued him like that when he was at the club, they would have had him on a much better, longer contract.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Its not going to be £1.2M.
    Its Showmanship, thats all.
    If they valued him like that when he was at the club, they would have had him on a much better, longer contract.
    I know

I was being sarcastic.

150k will do

What will the reaction be from SM if the tribunal finds in favour of the amount that Hamilton want?

Is it not the case that there's a formula by which they work it out?

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    What will the reaction be from SM if the tribunal finds in favour of the amount that Hamilton want?
    Not a chance.

MacDonald conveniently forgets they sold Docherty for £500K of used irn bru bottles to sevco, The same Docherty had played 95 times and scored 6 goals (Ferguson 14/0) and been with them since he was 9 plus had more than 2 years left on his contract (Ferguson out of contract). £150K sounds about right to me in comparison to the Docherty deal they did just 6 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Is it not the case that there's a formula by which they work it out?
    I thoughts so too, but then why the tribunal and why wait so long.
    There have been examples like Telfer from Deidco to Utd and Kishnashvilli (spelling??) from Dundee to DeidCo that naturally benefitted the OldCo mob, so it’s questionable as well.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast