+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis Ferguson Tribunal

Is it not some derisory amount up to the age of 16 - something like £10k per year from age 12 and then goes up depending on value placed thereafter (which will only be for the two years and a bit years since his 16th birthday.

I distinctly remember there being a thread on here a couple of years ago when we were all complaining about Ryan Fraser leaving us for peanuts and having the details of compensation then.

I believe that Aberdeen are bracing/budgeting for anything up to £400k from this tribunal.

Just from a wee birdie!

I'd suggest that this is why McInnes was saying the budget is spent. Will depend on the outcome of the tribunal.

It has to be somewhere between £100,000 and £150,000

Anything above that would just be punishment for daring to beat Sevco into third place last season.

Surely then subject to appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    They can still place any value on him they want
    Footballers are people and can't be owned, that'd be slavery. The value comes from their contract and yes, clubs are entitled to put whatever value on that contract they want. Its different when the player is out of contract because then its compensation for their investment in training etc. Accies are welcome to try and claim they invested £1.2 million developing Ferguson, but considering that'd be about 10% of their entire turnover for the 4 years they had him I reckon they'll be laughed out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by actonsheep View Post
    Footballers are people and can't be owned, that'd be slavery. The value comes from their contract and yes, clubs are entitled to put whatever value on that contract they want. Its different when the player is out of contract because then its compensation for their investment in training etc. Accies are welcome to try and claim they invested £1.2 million developing Ferguson, but considering that'd be about 10% of their entire turnover for the 4 years they had him I reckon they'll be laughed out of town.
    We all agree he's not worth £1.2m, even Hamilton don't believe that. They are still entitled to get as much money as they can. Likewise, I'd expect our club to try and get him for as little as possible.

There is a snobbery about Hamilton on here but they produce and will continue to produce very good young players from probably the best area in Scotland to do it. Hamilton and Motherwell have great set ups, despite having to contend with that lot.

It would be a shame to see them being ****ed over. I'm sure if it were the Huns in our position, folk would be going on about them being dicks.

Whatever the result, it'll be a fair one.

Hamilton are trying to equate the Ferguson fee to that received for James McCarthy.

As already pointed out McCarthy was a far more established player for Hamilton who had been developed solely within their youth academy. Ferguson was neither.
    Last edited by hewittextratime; 19-08-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We all agree he's not worth £1.2m, even Hamilton don't believe that. They are still entitled to get as much money as they can. Likewise, I'd expect our club to try and get him for as little as possible.

There is a snobbery about Hamilton on here but they produce and will continue to produce very good young players from probably the best area in Scotland to do it. Hamilton and Motherwell have great set ups, despite having to contend with that lot.

It would be a shame to see them being ****ed over. I'm sure if it were the Huns in our position, folk would be going on about them being dicks.

Whatever the result, it'll be a fair one.
    I read somewhere that the panel decides which deal is more realistic.
    The idea is preferable to help the clubs work towards an agreement and stop over and under valuations.
    There’s no doubt he’s talent, but given he joined Hamilton only 4 years ago after leaving SevCo, was out of contract and only played in a bakers dozen of games, it’s unbelievable to think that Hamilton seek £1.2 million in compensation for his development.

Remember, this is not a valuation, but compensation for development.

I’m not really sure why there’s a debate & folk sh1tting it about £1.2m etc.

There are rules & formulas in place based on a few factors

- number of games he played
    - how long he was there
    - the length & value of the contract he turned down to come to us.

Anything else is just nonsense & Hamilton trying to recoup the money they gave away to the Nigerian cyber crime bloke.

It should be around £200k

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

Anything else is just nonsense & Hamilton trying to recoup the money they gave away to the Nigerian cyber crime bloke.

It should be around £100k - £200k, but remember this is the bent world of Scottish football where funny handshakes rule supreme, so anything could happen.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast