+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 'This is the reason Sheffield United fans are the most important in the country'

'This is the reason Sheffield United fans are the most important in the country'

Is this a good thing or confirmation of the lack of ambition of our board??

More like it shows the difference in Premiership and Championship money. No wonder some clubs gamble with FFP.

If we forget the clubs with parachute money Blades have the highest %age investment of money from fans revenue. By simple mathematics sureky that means we have the smallest proportion of investment from other sources eg advertising/inverstors(board or non board members)/revenue from player sales (which must forma major part of the remaing %age??

Seems quite a damninig article really

Given the official figure of £7.9 million accrued in 2016/17: we can possibly assume ticket sales of maximum £21 million for the previous 3 yrs.

Therefore ticket sales = £29 million = 70% of overall revenue.

The other 30% = approximately £12 million. Not much when you think there was Maguire & Walker money???

Certainly doesn't point to a massive amount being contributed by McCabe/prince.

I'm sure someone will say i haven't a clue & that i'm thick but .. that's my take.

Quote Originally Posted by haich1889 View Post
    ..investment from other sources...
    You've missed out unpaid PAYE and VAT bills, overdrafts that will never be repaid, loans that get welched on, payments to charities that aren't made and money from businesses that don't exist.

We've done well at developing and selling players, better than most anyway. That's what the academy was supposed to do. I don't understand whats damning about trying to live within your means.

Quote Originally Posted by haich1889 View Post
    Given the official figure of £7.9 million accrued in 2016/17: we can possibly assume ticket sales of maximum £21 million for the previous 3 yrs.

Therefore ticket sales = £29 million = 70% of overall revenue.

The other 30% = approximately £12 million. Not much when you think there was Maguire & Walker money???

Certainly doesn't point to a massive amount being contributed by McCabe/prince.

I'm sure someone will say i haven't a clue & that i'm thick but .. that's my take.

If only the club had to publish a detailed set of accounts every year, then we might have a clue...oh hang on...!

UTB

The one thing you can take from those figures , ia that SUFC, is one of the best businesses to invest in ( or take over), not many clubs could sustain playing in league 1 or the championship without a huge amount of outside money, SUFC has a strong enough fanbase to be able to compete at such a high level, so just think what that tremendous support could do if ownership & premiership money were available to it.
    Other clubs such as Bournemouth ( who rely on TV money to provide 90% of their income will collapse without that.