Get your very own personalised Blades Board gifts!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 92

Thread: So if this is really it......

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    I appreciate everything you say but for now its not working. Outside of Rod and Bulmer there is hardly anyone posting on ***** Blades. I agree with Herbert if we are going to move it may as well be S2 as at least there is some activity there. Me i will stick here until it dies, then either stop or move to S2, unless ***** gets better and more interesting.
    Well I’ve started and posted plenty for a start LST, I think a forum is all about the people posting, not the board that you post on mate which is just as well in this case as the format to total Shiite and the site itself and as long as it’s usimg HTTP protocol is no longer secure to post on.

    https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/8/16...encryption-ssl

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    523
    I feel a bit homeless now. I do have an account on S2, but I find a bit hard to keep up, if I'm honest. Don't get me wrong, it's a great site and plenty of posters, but I feel a bit lost on there. I will keep popping over there from time-to-time.

    I'm not a big fan of the new site, just doesn't feel like right for me personally. No disrespect at all to BM, and I think it needed doing, but I'm thinking about bringing WAB back - but with a strict 'no swine' policy and some decent mods.

    I'll have a think, see if I can find where I put it.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15,422
    Quote Originally Posted by JosteinTime View Post
    I feel a bit homeless now. I do have an account on S2, but I find a bit hard to keep up, if I'm honest. Don't get me wrong, it's a great site and plenty of posters, but I feel a bit lost on there. I will keep popping over there from time-to-time.

    I'm not a big fan of the new site, just doesn't feel like right for me personally. No disrespect at all to BM, and I think it needed doing, but I'm thinking about bringing WAB back - but with a strict 'no swine' policy and some decent mods.

    I'll have a think, see if I can find where I put it.
    Anywhere but here mate, this lots race is run I think

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,693
    Quote Originally Posted by JosteinTime View Post
    Ah, yes you have. Well, that's out of order - think I'll be moving on.

    I especially think that's a cheap shot on you, who has been looking after this place for years.
    Have the mods really been removed. If so WHY?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by charliejoejohn2 View Post
    Have the mods really been removed. If so WHY?
    They've obviously took nark over the new board. Cutting noses off to spite their faces - we could still make a go of it here but this is definitely over now.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,809
    Great opening post, again another poster who brought tears to my eyes DJ Highspeed....known him 40 0dd yrs in real life. He's as funny for real as the stuff he used to put on here.......roadie for mick n keith ffs

    Whats the link for new site btw.

    cheers been a blast some of the stuff 'Aids in mi ears'

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,122
    Long live bladesmad

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    17,013
    Quote Originally Posted by JosteinTime View Post
    I feel a bit homeless now. I do have an account on S2, but I find a bit hard to keep up, if I'm honest. Don't get me wrong, it's a great site and plenty of posters, but I feel a bit lost on there. I will keep popping over there from time-to-time.

    I'm not a big fan of the new site, just doesn't feel like right for me personally. No disrespect at all to BM, and I think it needed doing, but I'm thinking about bringing WAB back - but with a strict 'no swine' policy and some decent mods.

    I'll have a think, see if I can find where I put it.
    Keep us informed pal I like the new site but it does feel different if it doesn't take off we'll need somewhere I occasionally read S2 and have posted a few times but it's not me if I'm forced then so be it but I'm happier away from there I loved it here but TBH those that run it have been T W AT S to us over the yrs when the pork realise the doors open will be the time to walk out the door and not come back

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,939
    Name:  clown....jpg
Views: 215
Size:  91.0 KB

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    17,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    I appreciate everything you say but for now its not working. Outside of Rod and Bulmer there is hardly anyone posting on ***** Blades. I agree with Herbert if we are going to move it may as well be S2 as at least there is some activity there. Me i will stick here until it dies, then either stop or move to S2, unless ***** gets better and more interesting.
    As has been said it's the posters that make a board not the site this has been a great board in spite of the site but they are really takin the piss a lately unless people use the new site then that will die a death also it's up to the public in the end but this place doesn't deserve any custom

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    As has been said it's the posters that make a board not the site this has been a great board in spite of the site but they are really takin the piss a lately unless people use the new site then that will die a death also it's up to the public in the end but this place doesn't deserve any custom
    whats the new site bully

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15,422
    Quote Originally Posted by sabellaalex View Post
    whats the new site bully
    PM
    Last edited by GrayBlade; 16-08-2018 at 10:37 PM.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    17,013
    Quote Originally Posted by sabellaalex View Post
    whats the new site bully
    V I t a l blades pal just search vi tal blades forum

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Keep us informed pal I like the new site but it does feel different if it doesn't take off we'll need somewhere I occasionally read S2 and have posted a few times but it's not me if I'm forced then so be it but I'm happier away from there I loved it here but TBH those that run it have been T W AT S to us over the yrs when the pork realise the doors open will be the time to walk out the door and not come back
    Looks like I didn't keep a backup of WAB, so I'd have to start again. Not sure it's worth it to be honest - what does everyone think? No point if it's just going to be a few of us. Might as well jump on S2.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,229
    hate to say it JOT but I don't think its worth it - there just aren't enough posters on here in the first place, and anytime a new board comes along all it does is split the audience.

    There seemed to be quite a few signing up for the new one - but a very small proportion of them actually post. I guess there's about a ratio of 1:25 of posters/members...........so you need a lot of members to get a good board going.

    There's something about the new board I don't like - and I think its the fact that I have to scroll so far down the page to see anything - its just annoying.

    I'll just hang around and see what happens.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    17,013
    But you start where you left off aya so you don't have to scroll down the entire page to see new posts which are also marked as not being read, I suppose people will look for excuses if they don't want to use something which is their prerogative,people will use what they want but it's goin to take time to build any new forum up Rome wasn't built in a day I've seen BM with less than a dozen posters at times and I've seen it with hundreds,as with owt a little patience is required

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    But you start where you left off aya so you don't have to scroll down the entire page to see new posts which are also marked as not being read, I suppose people will look for excuses if they don't want to use something which is their prerogative,people will use what they want but it's goin to take time to build any new forum up Rome wasn't built in a day I've seen BM with less than a dozen posters at times and I've seen it with hundreds,as with owt a little patience is required
    but every time I go on it bully I am faced with a blank screen (possibly because I use an *******er?) - it just annoys me cos I have the patience of a flea

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    but every time I go on it bully I am faced with a blank screen (possibly because I use an *******er?) - it just annoys me cos I have the patience of a flea
    Lookin at some of ya posts Monte thaz got the brain of a flea also. UTCB

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,068
    Just registered and I don’t have enough ‘privileges’ to post , how do you get past that please ?

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingo View Post
    Just registered and I don’t have enough ‘privileges’ to post , how do you get past that please ?
    You need to reply to the link in the email they’ve sent you Chings. If you can’t see it in your inbox check your spam/ bulk mail folder mate. Mine was in there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •