+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So if this is really it......

I have registered and posted on ***** Blades but somehow it does not feel the same. This site is a pain with the ads and other issues that only the mods sorted. However Bladesmad has something that S2 and ***** just do not have. Its hard to put into words or describe but it is in my opinion the true Blades forum. Many posters have moved to S2 and ***** and like as been said above it just dilutes everything. Most occasional posters like me just do not have the time to look and post on 2 forums. I am going to retain a clapper mentality and stay on here and keep bailing the water out in the hope that things improve.

Viva la Bladesmad

What’s Happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    I have registered and posted on ***** Blades but somehow it does not feel the same. This site is a pain with the ads and other issues that only the mods sorted. However Bladesmad has something that S2 and ***** just do not have. Its hard to put into words or describe but it is in my opinion the true Blades forum. Many posters have moved to S2 and ***** and like as been said above it just dilutes everything. Most occasional posters like me just do not have the time to look and post on 2 forums. I am going to retain a clapper mentality and stay on here and keep bailing the water out in the hope that things improve.

Viva la Bladesmad
    Having moved several forums personally and seen them upgraded, I can confirm that most posters say it’s just not the same even when it’s better. They just don’t like change.

Let’s not forget that there was absolute meltdown on here when this forum was ‘upgraded’ to this format and lost the look and a lot of the features of the old one. That’s why Paddy’s and JT tried to start their own because this one is so crap, but some people are set in their ways and don’t embrace change easily when it comes to IT even though this network has treat its users like dirt for years and most of the posters have walked.

I think one of the problems is that some want to ‘rediscover’ themselves and change their handle and avatar every time they join a new forum. I think If you see the same old familiar posters and avartars you soon adapt, I’ve been Grayblade for 2 decades on every forum I’m on, football or otherwise. Why change it? I often speak to people I’ve spoken to over the years because I do this but right now on the other forum. I’m not sure who’s who in a lot of cases...except for Rod who’s nicked TT avatar.

Where is TT by the way? Hope you’re well mate.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Nails are being added to the coffin lid now all 3 mods have been stripped of their duties the post at the top this morning would have gone before 6 now it's waiting for someone to happen by to take it off,not be long before we have an infestation
    This place will be full of Pork then in a week or two. Another reason to backheel it.
    Last edited by GrayBlade; 16-08-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Well I'm still here and apart from a spell when our lass 1st became ill I've read every post for over 10yrs but ask me to quote some and Im buggered if I could name one,my brain must be properly stewed,so to come up with all that is impressive SJH,old habits die hard as a few are finding I've got to say I like the new site it's much easier than this but I can't just walk away like you say it's been a big part of my life for so long so

Long live bladesmad
    Have you noticed we've been removed as MODS Bully?

Nails are being added to the coffin lid now all 3 mods have been stripped of their duties the post at the top this morning would have gone before 6 now it's waiting for someone to happen by to take it off,not be long before we have an infestation
    Ah, yes you have. Well, that's out of order - think I'll be moving on.

I especially think that's a cheap shot on you, who has been looking after this place for years.

I think we need to make a clean break. I’ll give it while Sunday and stop posting on here.

Great post SJH and totally agree with the sentiments expressed on here.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Having moved several forums personally and seen them upgraded, I can confirm that most posters say it’s just not the same even when it’s better. They just don’t like change.

Let’s not forget that there was absolute meltdown on here when this forum was ‘upgraded’ to this format and lost the look and a lot of the features of the old one. That’s why Paddy’s and JT tried to start their own because this one is so crap, but some people are set in their ways and don’t embrace change easily when it comes to IT even though this network has treat its users like dirt for years and most of the posters have walked.

I think one of the problems is that some want to ‘rediscover’ themselves and change their handle and avatar every time they join a new forum. I think If you see the same old familiar posters and avartars you soon adapt, I’ve been Grayblade for 2 decades on every forum I’m on, football or otherwise. Why change it? I often speak to people I’ve spoken to over the years because I do this but right now on the other forum. I’m not sure who’s who in a lot of cases...except for Rod who’s nicked TT avatar.

Where is TT by the way? Hope you’re well mate.
    I appreciate everything you say but for now its not working. Outside of Rod and Bulmer there is hardly anyone posting on ***** Blades. I agree with Herbert if we are going to move it may as well be S2 as at least there is some activity there. Me i will stick here until it dies, then either stop or move to S2, unless ***** gets better and more interesting.

They don't care m8 they never have

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast