+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So if this is really it......

So if this is really it......

Posters have left Bladesmad in their droves before, only to return at a later date but this time you get the feeling it’s serious.

So in case this is really it I wouldn’t like anything to happen without first posting a vote of thanks.

I was first introduced to Bladesmad in August 2009. In those days, whenever you logged on, night or day, there always seemed to be an intense discussion taking place between Darblade, SBT and Croatia with others joining in to give their views.

Paddy’s mockups were superb. Who can forget Megson as a donkey or Beattie as The Messiah. There were also some memorable threads including Quiffygate when a poster called Quiffy broke the news that we were about to sign James Beattie by saying Beattie had pulled up in a yellow Lamborghini at the petrol pump next to his Dad who asked him outright if he was signing - cue Bladesmad meltdown.

Then there was the the poster who broke the rumour about us being interested in Chris O’Grady (aka COG) by incorrectly listing his initials as COD. Cue a long thread full of fish puns and jokes.

That banter in the sites heyday was superb. There were some very witty posters and more than one reader said they had spat their morning coffee out whilst logging in and coming across a particularly funny post. We had a like button to show approval in those days. For some reason I always remember a thread where a new poster (ok it was me) asked people how they had chosen their tag names. Knowsnowt unexpectedly said his was because there was a chap who lived opposite called Nowt and he knew him!

There were tantrums and arguments (SBT v Woodward fan was worth the entrance money alone). Sadly we lost some very good posters to the Bramall Lane in the Sky and we sympathised, celebrated and supported fellow posters who notified us of divorces, engagements, births and illnesses. Someone once called it the Bladesmad family and they weren’t far wrong at times.

Gradually the site dwindled but was still entertaining with the BM regulars who have kept it going (you know who you are), but now it seems even they are off to pastures new.

Therefore it only really remains to offer my vote of thanks to the editor, mods and you the posters for everything that Bladesmad had to offer. In the words of a famous Blades midfielder ‘it’s been emotional’

UTB

Aint over yet

Most post on both

It's quiet atm. All the boards are quiet. Even S2 is in a lull

We need a signing/sacking/boardroom fight to get things buzzing on here before Satdi

This board coughs and splutters, but it never quite dies.....its under severe threat at the moment, but we've seen it all before. I still prefer its format to the new one which I find annoying.

Long live Bladesmad .............even if Gray does say its a health hazard for my pc

Everybody might as well just join S24SU now.

There are a lot of good posters on here who, to my knowledge, have yet to do so.

And SBT, if you make another account, you'll be allowed to post. Tyler has been.

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    Posters have left Bladesmad in their droves before, only to return at a later date but this time you get the feeling it’s serious.

So in case this is really it I wouldn’t like anything to happen without first posting a vote of thanks.

I was first introduced to Bladesmad in August 2009. In those days, whenever you logged on, night or day, there always seemed to be an intense discussion taking place between Darblade, SBT and Croatia with others joining in to give their views.

Paddy’s mockups were superb. Who can forget Megson as a donkey or Beattie as The Messiah. There were also some memorable threads including Quiffygate when a poster called Quiffy broke the news that we were about to sign James Beattie by saying Beattie had pulled up in a yellow Lamborghini at the petrol pump next to his Dad who asked him outright if he was signing - cue Bladesmad meltdown.

Then there was the the poster who broke the rumour about us being interested in Chris O’Grady (aka COG) by incorrectly listing his initials as COD. Cue a long thread full of fish puns and jokes.

That banter in the sites heyday was superb. There were some very witty posters and more than one reader said they had spat their morning coffee out whilst logging in and coming across a particularly funny post. We had a like button to show approval in those days. For some reason I always remember a thread where a new poster (ok it was me) asked people how they had chosen their tag names. Knowsnowt unexpectedly said his was because there was a chap who lived opposite called Nowt and he knew him!

There were tantrums and arguments (SBT v Woodward fan was worth the entrance money alone). Sadly we lost some very good posters to the Bramall Lane in the Sky and we sympathised, celebrated and supported fellow posters who notified us of divorces, engagements, births and illnesses. Someone once called it the Bladesmad family and they weren’t far wrong at times.

Gradually the site dwindled but was still entertaining with the BM regulars who have kept it going (you know who you are), but now it seems even they are off to pastures new.

Therefore it only really remains to offer my vote of thanks to the editor, mods and you the posters for everything that Bladesmad had to offer. In the words of a famous Blades midfielder ‘it’s been emotional’

UTB
    Great post Silent

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    This board coughs and splutters, but it never quite dies.....its under severe threat at the moment, but we've seen it all before. I still prefer its format to the new one which I find annoying.

Long live Bladesmad .............even if Gray does say its a health hazard for my pc
    Just as long as it doesn’t become a hazard to your bank account Aya.

Talking of witty posters, here’s a sample of Bomber’s humour, he used to crease me up.

“I used those slimming patches a few years ago...

Worked a treat.

Stuck them over my eyes, couldn't find the kitchen”.

Well I'm still here and apart from a spell when our lass 1st became ill I've read every post for over 10yrs but ask me to quote some and Im buggered if I could name one,my brain must be properly stewed,so to come up with all that is impressive SJH,old habits die hard as a few are finding I've got to say I like the new site it's much easier than this but I can't just walk away like you say it's been a big part of my life for so long so

Long live bladesmad

I think we're already seeing the bain of new replacement forums. Posters having a foot in both camps. This is where we pretty much have the same group of posters duplicate posting threads on both sites and then all of us end up commenting on identical threads, saying the same thing in two places. Its just dilutes it all, and makes it harder to follow conversations.

Having said that, I'm still here, but I'm just collecting the last of my possessions and heading on over.

Nails are being added to the coffin lid now all 3 mods have been stripped of their duties the post at the top this morning would have gone before 6 now it's waiting for someone to happen by to take it off,not be long before we have an infestation

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast