+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So if this is really it......

It could be the new site dunt allow moaning gits on it ?

But I'm on it so it must be ok

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    but every time I go on it bully I am faced with a blank screen (possibly because I use an *******er?) - it just annoys me cos I have the patience of a flea
    I’ve now disabled my blocker and I think the other site is fine for me. This site however is cram packed with intrusive adverts and it’s taken me 5 minutes to type this sentence because there’s some sort of lag going on. How on Earth people without blocks put up with it god only knows

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    Posters have left Bladesmad in their droves before, only to return at a later date but this time you get the feeling it’s serious.

So in case this is really it I wouldn’t like anything to happen without first posting a vote of thanks.

I was first introduced to Bladesmad in August 2009. In those days, whenever you logged on, night or day, there always seemed to be an intense discussion taking place between Darblade, SBT and Croatia with others joining in to give their views.

Paddy’s mockups were superb. Who can forget Megson as a donkey or Beattie as The Messiah. There were also some memorable threads including Quiffygate when a poster called Quiffy broke the news that we were about to sign James Beattie by saying Beattie had pulled up in a yellow Lamborghini at the petrol pump next to his Dad who asked him outright if he was signing - cue Bladesmad meltdown.

Then there was the the poster who broke the rumour about us being interested in Chris O’Grady (aka COG) by incorrectly listing his initials as COD. Cue a long thread full of fish puns and jokes.

That banter in the sites heyday was superb. There were some very witty posters and more than one reader said they had spat their morning coffee out whilst logging in and coming across a particularly funny post. We had a like button to show approval in those days. For some reason I always remember a thread where a new poster (ok it was me) asked people how they had chosen their tag names. Knowsnowt unexpectedly said his was because there was a chap who lived opposite called Nowt and he knew him!

There were tantrums and arguments (SBT v Woodward fan was worth the entrance money alone). Sadly we lost some very good posters to the Bramall Lane in the Sky and we sympathised, celebrated and supported fellow posters who notified us of divorces, engagements, births and illnesses. Someone once called it the Bladesmad family and they weren’t far wrong at times.

Gradually the site dwindled but was still entertaining with the BM regulars who have kept it going (you know who you are), but now it seems even they are off to pastures new.

Therefore it only really remains to offer my vote of thanks to the editor, mods and you the posters for everything that Bladesmad had to offer. In the words of a famous Blades midfielder ‘it’s been emotional’

UTB
    A great post that encapsulates everything that i come onto this board for, the gossip, debates, fights, and last but not least the gallows humour that can only be found in Sheffield. I love reading the stuff on here even if i don’t post to often, i hope its not lost. I know i can get thesame stuff on the other board but I always seem to come here first.

And while I’m on a huge vote of thaanks to DB & Roy for their contribution (and others i might have missed aka as above)

utb

Long time lurker and Sheffield Expat since 73 who’s first game at the Lane was Nov 71 when Woody hit 4 in the 7-0 thrashing of Ipswich......Just like to say if this place is going to implode I’d just like to pay tribute to Roy and Deadbat whose posts keep me connected to the city and the club I love
    (Ps if anyone knows of the existence of YTV’s highlights and Keith Macklins commentary Giz a shout....long shot I know!)

Quote Originally Posted by Boroblade1889 View Post
    Long time lurker and Sheffield Expat since 73 who’s first game at the Lane was Nov 71 when Woody hit 4 in the 7-0 thrashing of Ipswich......Just like to say if this place is going to implode I’d just like to pay tribute to Roy and Deadbat whose posts keep me connected to the city and the club I love
    (Ps if anyone knows of the existence of YTV’s highlights and Keith Macklins commentary Giz a shout....long shot I know!)
    Welcome mi owd pal,Not a bad game to start wi that one was it? I genuinely hope BLADESmad dunt go under,it's alluss my first call on tinternet. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    You need to reply to the link in the email they’ve sent you Chings. If you can’t see it in your inbox check your spam/ bulk mail folder mate. Mine was in there.
    Same with me. Not sufficient privaliges to reply and I’ve replied to their e mail

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Welcome mi owd pal,Not a bad game to start wi that one was it? I genuinely hope BLADESmad dunt go under,it's alluss my first call on tinternet. UTCB
    Cheers Rod, lots of ups and downs since then pal! And we got a four sided stadium since then! Dunno about anyone else but I still miss the 5 floodlights....especially viewed from the top of that multi story car park near Redgates toy shop.....summit in my eye now

Quote Originally Posted by charliejoejohn2 View Post
    Same with me. Not sufficient privaliges to reply and I’ve replied to their e mail
    When i joined i answered the email and was allowed to post straight away.Charlie did you know Dave Carpenter who was a deputy at Treeton? UTCB

Reading this thread seems to show there's quite a few people (myself included) who just hop on BM to read stuff and dont bother posting for whatever reason. Without an *******er its a mare to just read sometimes. Think ive posted more in last month than in the previous 6 lol.

just realised you cant write the word a d b l o c k e r .........unbelievable Jeff
    Last edited by sabellaalex; 17-08-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliejoejohn2 View Post
    Try clicking on the link again CJJ and make sure you there’s a confirmation you’re registered. Anybody who can’t register I’m sure their admin will sort it if you want one of us to pass it on. They seem to want to help...unlike (ahem) some forums

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast