+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window Loan Signings Takeover and random thoughts

Transfer Window Loan Signings Takeover and random thoughts

Since the close of the window i've been doing some thinking, and to be honest had you said at the start of the window that we would bring in 7 players i would laughed.

Looking at the signings we have made albeit loan signings i actually think they are some decent signings. However, i actually put this down to shrewd moves by Rafa more than the hierarchy of the club. Im afraid Rafa will not extend his contract though

The optimist's in me is thinking maybe the reason we are doing loan signings and reducing the wage bill is to lower expenses of the club and perhaps attract more buyers of the club. The thing with buying clubs, most of it is done in secrecy until its pretty much a done deal so im praying there is a deal in the background and we are lowering expenses.

The realist in me thinks its just more money grabbing by jabba the hut

I think I'd go with the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    I think I'd go with the latter.
    im afraid you're probably right. one can live in hope though !

Quote Originally Posted by nufcwelsh93 View Post
    The optimist's in me is thinking maybe the reason we are doing loan signings and reducing the wage bill is to lower expenses of the club and perhaps attract more buyers of the club. The thing with buying clubs, most of it is done in secrecy until its pretty much a done deal so im praying there is a deal in the background and we are lowering expenses.

I think that we've been moving toward making loan signings instead of permanent transfers for a while now (even before the sale of the club was announced). Recently we've seen Rondon, Kenedy, Dubravka, Merino, Slimani, Atsu, Remy, L. De Jong, possibly others I've forgotten, all come on loan to fill crucial positions for us on the pitch. I don't recall us leaning so heavily on the loan market under the previous owners, and we've leaned on it increasingly under Ashley. That's not a criticism - sometimes permanent transfers really backfire, and a loan deal with an option to sign is basically the safest sort of transfer deal to do if you can get it. But what is also fairly obvious is that if you're relying on the loan market, then you're probably not trying to acquire players who are the best in their squad. So it's also indicative of where we're at in terms of ambition.

Since when has Ashley shown any genuine interest in selling ?
    This policy is just a money grab to finance his other ventures.

As people have said , about £90m has been went astray and if he can repeat this in more seasons to come , why on earth would you sell?

£90m disappears yet the £140m loan remains untouched .. Joke. If we do go down he will chuck £80m + at the team to return immediately .. It's a no lose strategy .. Except for the fans .

Since the close of the window i've been doing some thinking, and to be honest had you said at the start of the window that we would bring in 7 players i would laughed.

Looking at the signings we have made albeit loan signings i actually think they are some decent signings. However, i actually put this down to shrewd moves by Rafa more than the hierarchy of the club.

This is the problem though. If the signings do well then it is a shrewd move by Rafa but if they fail to do well it will be because Rafa had them forced on him and his first, second, third choices were scuppered.

That's fine if people want to think like this but all it does is gives Rafa every avenue to escape any potential criticism, whilst any of it can be channeled to the obvious perceived villains.
    As and added extra, we never seem to see Rafa's first, second, third choice transfer targets, we just get to hear that he was in for a few phantom ones.

Im afraid Rafa will not extend his contract though
    Considering it was Rafa that apparently came to Newcastle to put his CV in rather than Newcastle hunting him down, I'd say that him leaving may not be set in stone.
    There's a few possibilities to ponder.

1. He's going to see what happens with what he's brought in and if it looks sensible he might sign on for an extended period or walk away if it all goes teets up, knowing that he's backed by the fans in a no lose situation , which I think would be bizarre but there you go.

2.Maybe Ashley has not allowed net spends because he knows he's selling and is keeping the club stable ready for new owner takeover.

3. Maybe Ashley wants Rafa gone because Rafa's demands could be way in excess of what he is willing to sanction.

4. Maybe Ashley will not be dictated to.

Many things more to ponder but none of which we know about until we actually get the real facts, not speculation by all and sundry that masquerade as what we all buy into as potential facts because they may fit a narrative better.

Accounts should show what's what, regardless of whether people say he can manipulate them and what not.
    Manipulating sundries is one thing. Millions and millions is another.
    And not to mention nobody is going to do something like that when the spotlight is firmly on their (seemingly) every move.

Boy I'm glad to read the sh!t above, saves me a fortune in sleeping pills.

Think zero hour contracts at Sports Direct...think loan signings at Newcastle.

Try to pick up players that are underperforming at their clubs by loaning them and have a world class manager to knock them into shape and do a job for Newcastle. I think this is the strategy. It“s relativley low cost which is right up Ashley“s street.

All good if the manager and fans have no ambition to see their team do well and win something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Boy I'm glad to read the sh!t above, saves me a fortune in sleeping pills.
    I just read the first paragraph,trolling if I ever saw it..

EVERYBODY knows Rafas the best thing to roll in to Toon for years,so he has to have a dig.He will argue that everbody is entitled to their opinion,and some daft kunt will fall for it...

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Think zero hour contracts at Sports Direct...think loan signings at Newcastle.

Try to pick up players that are underperforming at their clubs by loaning them and have a world class manager to knock them into shape and do a job for Newcastle. I think this is the strategy. It“s relativley low cost which is right up Ashley“s street.

All good if the manager and fans have no ambition to see their team do well and win something.
    Now you are just being silly, do well and win something, not on Ashleys "things to do list" im afraid. The idiot doesn't realise the increased exposure if his club is winning things, and in the spotlight for the RIGHT reasons, I despair, I really do. Cant see us ever being rid of this parasite!
    Last edited by Jammy89; 16-08-2018 at 12:05 PM. Reason: sorted out quote box - was annoying me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)