+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lefties for Boris

Bloody hell Sinkov!

So...as far as you are concerned, the most important attribute of a Prime Minister is his/her ability to annoy Lefties?

If that is so then I don't think people over retirement age should be allowed to vote

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Bloody hell Sinkov!

So...as far as you are concerned, the most important attribute of a Prime Minister is his/her ability to annoy Lefties?
    But of course 59/60, if our PM or POTUS is doing the precise opposite of what the Left want, then they won't go far wrong, and the world will be a better place. The Dream Team, please dear God, let it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    But of course 59/60, if our PM or POTUS is doing the precise opposite of what the Left want, then they won't go far wrong, and the world will be a better place. The Dream Team, please dear God, let it happen.
    On a serious note, politics has never been so polarised in the whole of my life.

The public seem to want either an extreme right wing Government or an extreme left one.

There was always a majority for the middle ground before, whether that was Labour, Tory or Liberal.

Nowadays the only centrist party, the Lib Dems, is struggling to reach 10% in the beauty contest.

Is it ALL down to Brexit?

Can't be because the Lib Dems are the only Pro European party....

Beats me.

I've wrote similar coments before, why are such "religious" attitudes such as the "burka" classed as such....surely it's just ***ist, not many, if any, innocent men volunteer to cover their face just because women deem it so....

I well remember when all women used to wear the veil in church.

To this day the bride is expected to wear one when getting married in church.

Showing subservience to men? Make your own mind up.

http://www.catholicstand.com/why-wom...hould-you-too/

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    On a serious note, politics has never been so polarised in the whole of my life.

The public seem to want either an extreme right wing Government or an extreme left one.

There was always a majority for the middle ground before, whether that was Labour, Tory or Liberal.

Nowadays the only centrist party, the Lib Dems, is struggling to reach 10% in the beauty contest.

Is it ALL down to Brexit?

Can't be because the Lib Dems are the only Pro European party....

Beats me.
    It's beating you 59/60 because your analysis is flawed. There is no evidence that the public wants an extreme right-wing party in government. There is nothing remotely extreme about the current Tory party, in fact there's not even much that's right-wing about it. There was nothing extreme about UKIP, but certainly their policies could be described as right-wing, they are virtually non-existent now. The BNP has vanished as a political force as well, not that it ever really was one. There is no serious extreme right political force in this country, nor any evidence of a desire for one.

I suppose Labour run by Momentum could be called extreme Left, but if there is a desire for a Corbyn extreme left government, it's driven by those young people you seem so fond of, those you claim us oldies are selfishly denying their wish to remain in the EU. So the young can only have their way if it co-incides with what you want ?

Is it all down to Brexit ? I would agree that the country is divided on this issue, and the division is being exacerbated by the attempts of the losing side to overturn the referendum result, and deny the democratically expressed wishes of 17.4 million people. In a democracy it doesn't get much more extreme than that, and this is LibDem policy, and you are a member. And you complain about extremism ?

Like I said 59/60, your analysis is flawed, if you're seeking extremists, look in your mirror.
    Last edited by sinkov; 18-08-2018 at 06:58 AM.

I can't take you seriously sinkov. This is the picture of the result of an Israeli air strike that you claimed never happened. I suppose Tommy Robinson and the xenophobic right aren't real either?

Attachment 10415

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I can't take you seriously sinkov. This is the picture of the result of an Israeli air strike that you claimed never happened. I suppose Tommy Robinson and the xenophobic right aren't real either?

Attachment 10415
    Oh dear BT, you have already posted a picture of this destroyed 'cultural centre', post 209 in the "It's back.." thread. Strangely the pile of rubble in that photo bears no resemblance whatsoever to the pile of rubble above. Either you are being disingenuous, or someone is taking you for a ta-ta. Neither would surprise me. Next time you try to gaslight us, just take a bit more care eh.

And what on earth has Tommy Robinson got to do with it ? You're not suggesting the English Defence League carried out the above attack are you ? Who knows, maybe you are.
    Last edited by sinkov; 18-08-2018 at 07:58 AM.

The "truth of source" argument is wearing a bit thin now sinkov. Here is Gaza in 2015...

Attachment 10416

This never happened either...

Attachment 10417

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)