+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wimbledon

Wimbledon

On Setdi , They look a big strong side from what I've seen on them ( tele ) should Daniel pick the same side that won the first 2 game's , assuming Moore is fit ?

Stick with a winning team. They've had a rest now and should be ready to kick-on.

Just a thought on team selection. This Gegenpress thingy relies on high tempo, close em down quick, win the ball back before opposition get constructive with the ball.

England did similar in the world cup but adopted a different formation 3-5-2. This gives you an extra body in the pressing area of the park.

When playing a big physical team, I wonder if we are better with 3 big uns at the back and the extra body in the middle. Might be a change for Saturday but I suspect we will go with the same line up.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Just a thought on team selection. This Gegenpress thingy relies on high tempo, close em down quick, win the ball back before opposition get constructive with the ball.

England did similar in the world cup but adopted a different formation 3-5-2. This gives you an extra body in the pressing area of the park.

When playing a big physical team, I wonder if we are better with 3 big uns at the back and the extra body in the middle. Might be a change for Saturday but I suspect we will go with the same line up.

Any thoughts?
    It would certainly give Jackson some much needed game time.

For sure with 3 big lads at the back could play Pinillos and Cavere as wing backs and leave Thiam on the bench but, think we will see same starting team on Saturday as previous leagues games, looking forward to the game on Saturday but for some reason after Tuesday's game feeling a bit nervous!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    For sure with 3 big lads at the back could play Pinillos and Cavere as wing backs and leave Thiam on the bench but, think we will see same starting team on Saturday as previous leagues games, looking forward to the game on Saturday but for some reason after Tuesday's game feeling a bit nervous!
    Me too.

Not a great fan of 3 at the back personally , I know England had a decent world cup with it but as soon as we played a quality nation it was nullified , wing backs pinned back and the three central defenders lumping it because Croatia pressed us high up the pitch , that's not to say Wimbledon will be top quality by the way .

In my opinion we should have enough about us not to be changing anything , let the opposition change to counter us and hopefully Stendel and Winkler can come up with the subtle tactical solutions to keep the show on the road if the opposition are having success against us .

Wimbledon are a pretty solid lg1 outfit, know their jobs and are organised. Thev edda good start tut season. Tough fixture for me. Tuesday's defeat has probably cast a doubt or two amongst the squad. It'll be interesting to see how we can bounce back. Promotion requires a squad that's full of character and feight. Let's see how we respond.

Tha reyt theer Pass , accun see us struggling on Setdi ,

Av been portrayed az beein negative fo saying lets wait ten games befooar wi start saying will gerra 100 pts cos wiv beaten Oxford and Bradford.
    A think Wimbledon al be like Blackpooil and gerrin aar faces. Al be theear hoping the win but it'll be a good test against a teeam that al not lay darn.

Arbeit !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast