+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brereton on loan .....

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Yeah I gather the loan may bear fruition. And on paper 6mil for an unproven youth is not a bad offer.
    Of course it depends what one means by unproven. He's had a season of championship footy, scored 7 (or maybe a a few more) goals and of course does well at youth level for England.
    But if the owner and manager can wait a bit more, and allow him to develop further then his fee may rise to 10-12million thereabouts.
    It all depends what his immediate future is. If he goes on loan to you and doesn't score regularly, then maybe the 6mil is likely. Or if he remains, but doesn't get game time and if he does, doesn't really bang in the goals. I believe he's yours for 6mil in January.
    But if he does score double last season's tally, then you'll probably need to increase the bid to around 8 million.
    But at this juncture, a loan is your best hope, provided you're still keen.
    Cheers for all that. We think it's a strange one aswell, it seemed we where wanting a player with championship experience , 23 sort of age. I just think we are looking at his situation and the fact he may not be playing, and trying to get a deal done? Our budget isn't that big, but we will get decent backing. If Mowbray thinks he's worth another few million ontop of the loan & current offer on the table, then we'll come back. He would be playing alongside quite a number of his current Under 23 and under 19 England team mates, by coming to us. So that could also be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Cheers for all that. We think it's a strange one aswell, it seemed we where wanting a player with championship experience , 23 sort of age. I just think we are looking at his situation and the fact he may not be playing, and trying to get a deal done? Our budget isn't that big, but we will get decent backing. If Mowbray thinks he's worth another few million ontop of the loan & current offer on the table, then we'll come back. He would be playing alongside quite a number of his current Under 23 and under 19 England team mates, by coming to us. So that could also be a factor.
    No worries. 8 million would be fabulous for us. I hope so.
    Anyway this is what Senor Karanka says about it:

“I think, again, it is something that has to make three parties happy,” said Karanka. “If Blackburn want the player, the player wants to go and the amount of money is good for Forest, then good.

“If nothing arrives with that, then I am really pleased. Because he is a really good player, with a really good future.

“Always, it is about those three parties. If the offer is no good, we are going to say no. If the player does not want to go, it will not happen. I am calm, I have the player here, he has a very good future. Let’s see.”

Btw is them chicken fellas still your owners? They're pretty miserly I gather. But I think 6-8 million on a striker aged 19 is a good deal. Worse case you'll recoup it when you sell on. Prove himself and you'll make enough to buy 2 strikers 2 years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    No worries. 8 million would be fabulous for us. I hope so.
    Anyway this is what Senor Karanka says about it:

“I think, again, it is something that has to make three parties happy,” said Karanka. “If Blackburn want the player, the player wants to go and the amount of money is good for Forest, then good.

“If nothing arrives with that, then I am really pleased. Because he is a really good player, with a really good future.

“Always, it is about those three parties. If the offer is no good, we are going to say no. If the player does not want to go, it will not happen. I am calm, I have the player here, he has a very good future. Let’s see.”

Btw is them chicken fellas still your owners? They're pretty miserly I gather. But I think 6-8 million on a striker aged 19 is a good deal. Worse case you'll recoup it when you sell on. Prove himself and you'll make enough to buy 2 strikers 2 years down the road.

I believe we have gone back in with an £8m offer. We are serious and I think we'll cone back one more time of this one gets rejected.

Only time will tell if he lives up to his young early talent. He will play in our side, but we wouldn't be dependant on him. And I think our young squad is a good place for him to continue his development. He will be managed and coached well.

Yes, the same Venkys. But just not the same mistakes. They own a company who turns over billions. And £8m to them is pocket money. It's more if Mowbray feels he is worth the fee. He just gets the backing of the owners who pump in millions into the club and sit in the background and write cheques. We have a decent CEO who Mowbray brought in, and they keep things running nicely. We are keeping well with FFP and have quite a big budget. We just don't want to blow it all in one season. We are building over 3. But wanting to very much be part of this league in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    1. It's -said/you're
    2. Not upset at all, just hate two faced visitors
    3. Actually, it's you who has spelled it wrong- This article is part of a series on:
    Islam
    Allah1.png
    Beliefs and Practices[show]
    Texts and laws[show]
    History and leaders[show]
    Denominations[show]
    Culture and society[show]